“Best lasagne EVER!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Description: A little tuscany corner like our house! Don't take reservation
Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

This restaurant was the highlight of our trip to Italy. My friends were complaining that food in Italy was expensive and fat because they had no choice other than pizza and pasta. But when my boyfriend and I visited Florence, we looked through TripAdvisor for a truly Italian restaurant at one € price range and we found this restaurant. Because of the typical tiny streets in Florence, it took us quite a while to find the restaurant but it totally worth the hassle.

The restaurant is small and cosy with only a few tables. It is a family run business and it makes us feel very comfortable like being home. I love the simple decoration and the raw unpainted wall. Our table was next to the kitchen door so we could hear the sound of washing dishes. But the food was amazingggggg.

It took us a while to place the order since the menu is complicated (all italian food menus are complicated for us since we didn't understand the concept nor Italian). The prices were mostly under €10 so we thought the portion should be small. We wanted to order a lot of different things but the staff warned us that the portions were quite big and they really were. I wanted to have a truly classic Italian meal so we opted for classic lasagne bologna and spicy beef stew with some grilled vegetable on the side. Looking at other tables, we found that the dishes we ordered were pretty popular here. For under €8 each dish, the portions were perfect for us 2. I could come back to Manchester and proudly tell our friends that we had the best ever lasagne at this restaurant in Florence!

The only downside for us was the desserts. They were too sweet and not so complementing cheesy Italian food in our opinion. But overall experience was over the moon so I undoubtedly gave this 5 stars. Wish we could go back there one day. Can't recommend it enough!

CarlottaFalletta, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at La Fettunta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Hi!!!!!
we're happy for your surprise!

many thank's and we hope to see you again!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,036)

Reviewed 12 May 2015

Oh noes, we're tired and hungry and in the middle of prime tourist turf. How will we ever find a decent dinner?
(Checks Trip Advisor notes) Well, this one's close, but that probably means it's a tourist trap, and crowded, and serves crummy food because we'll never be back.

Welcome to Opposite World, where none of that happened and we had a great low-key meal for cheap.

"This tiny place?" we asked. It looks like a salumeria, because it is one, but there's rustic seating in back. And I mean rustic as in Oklahoma barn decor. But somehow it works, and the seats were fine. A large cold beer washed away the cares of the day.

Limited menu, and remember, it's a meat store, so don't look for flounder amandine, OK?
Low prices, daily specials, excellent friendly service.

I had grilled sausage, among the best I've ever had, with a side of potatoes & onions. Herself had cannelloni, also excellent. It was less than half the price of the previous night's dinner, and every bit as satisfying.

You want ambience, tablecloths, candles, soft music? Not here. Just a fine meal.

1  Thank kawaguy
CarlottaFalletta, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at La Fettunta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

Hi our friend! we say thank's to you to stay with us! We hope to see you early! :)

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

This was a nice surprise! Very honest food. Not swimming in saus to cover up something. No just pure the taste sensations. I had a capressa salad which was great in simplisicty. And the ribs which just perfectly prepared aird nice and juicy. With great herbs. Also the staff was funny an friendly :). A must goto when In Florence.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

This is a fabulous no nonsense sort of place. The food is sublime. The service is first class. And finally the cost is exceptional for what one gets. We loved it so much that we came back again the following night. Yes, it's that bloody good!

This place had the cheapest (that I saw) steak price in Florence. Other restaurants could charge you up to 6 euros per 100g. Here it was 3 euros! Bargain bucket indeed.

It's a cute restaurent with about 10/12 tables and there is always a queue to get in here. They take no reservations but generally you do not have to wait that long for a table.

House white is 10 euros! Yes 10 euros for a bottle. The service is very friendly and if they think that you are over ordering they will tell you. We appreciated this on the first night. And our server was spot on, we could not have eaten what we attempted to order.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and particularly the florentine steak which was exquisite.

We dined here for 2 nights and paid 69 euros on the first night and 43 euros on the 2nd. Both nights included wine and an ample amount of food.

Can't wait to return to sample their wares again.

Special thanks to our wait staff and the extraordinary chef who works tirelessly producing fantastic Italian fare.

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Stumbled across this place looking for something other than pizza and pasta - got a roast beef/tomato/pecorino focaccia - freshly made - tastiest thing I ate in Florence - went back that evening for steak florentine - 1kg of beef that I had been longing for the entire time in Italy - will be the reason for ever going back to Florence