All reviews train station would stay again santa maria novella around the corner sink wifi duomo fridge
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I and my husband recently stayed in this hotel for two nights (13th & 14th of June 2016). Though these are old buildings without elevators, I will never recommend this hotel to elderly people (specifically with luggage). We had to climb up 74 steps every time we went out. However we were well informed about this.
We checked in at around 2PM and we had been allotted the last room on the floor next to the shared toilet. We know exactly how many times the toilet is being used (everytime a flush being used, we hear that)
After all that there was no wifi signal in our room, the strength was very weak in the room. We literally used to go to the reception area to use internet. We requested the lady to change our room which she outrightly rejected. I am sure she was well aware of the problem. She told us that the hotel is fully booked and cant shift us anywhere on the day one, however she promised to shift us the next day. Though in the evening we saw other people checking in.
On the second day we packed all our luggage and went to the reception area 2-3 times to check whether the room is ready to shift. However we didnt find anybody at the reception area and no message for us. As we had to leave for a day tour in the morning, we left without talking to anybody. When we came back nothing was shifted, no message and to our shock we didnt see anybody at the reception even once.
Apart from location I didn't find anything good about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rajashree S
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Hotel location easy to find and the room is clean. However, if you are travel with big luggage, you must be move the luggage to 4th floor to reach the hotel as there is no elevator provided.
The staff is friendly and she give me a local map when we check in.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIA_Puah
Reviewed 27 January 2016

I have been to this little hotel few times and every time I go to Florence for holidays I book this hotel because it is so central and so close to many attractions. The lady who owns is nice and friendly. if you are looking for something not too pricey, this hotel can be your choice. The hotel is located in an old Florentine Building with lots and large steps.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tipsformytrip
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Best choice for a budget trip.
Excelent location
Friendly host.
Small clean room with tv wifi and air conditioned.
Lots of info materials at the info desk.
Only downside is the lack of private toilet.
Beside that you will feel like home in the middle of beautiful Firenze.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Holzinger R
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

In an overpriced Florence, this is a good option if you're searching for something a bit cheaper with a good location in the centre, only a few minutes walking to the Duomo. The hotel is on the third floor of a building without an elevator so it's quite the climb, especially if it's very hot outside and you have heavy luggage. The rooms have everything you need for a good night sleep - a comfortable bed, air conditioning and most of all, it's very clean.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple