“My Favorite Restaurant!”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I began coming to Le Vespe because it was one of the local restaurants participating in my study abroad program's meal-voucher plan, and I am so, so glad I did! The atmosphere was something with which I immediately clicked: I love the music (sometimes, for example, they'll play the Beach Boys!), the interior design and decor (eclectic in the best way: some walls show brick, others are adorned with prints, and there is a general aqua/yellow/neutral color scheme that is executed wonderfully), and of course, the kindness of those who work there! All of these wonderful aspects of the eatery aside, however, what really got me addicted is the food! I don't know if I've ever been to a restaurant at which the food has blown me away like it does at Le Vespe! Not only does everything I have tried so far taste amazing, but it is incredibly filling in the best way possible: you know you've gotten a great meal, without worrying about having eaten a great deal of unhealthy food! (My favorite items from their menu so far are the Parkdale, the Dundas, and the San Lorenzo!) I am incredibly indecisive and don't use the term "favorite" often (I can't even chose a favorite color!), but I believe I can honestly say that Le Vespe is my favorite restaurant, in Florence, in Italy, in the whole world!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Cutest little cafe! Excellent service and delicious food. Can definitely vouch for the ouva rancheros and the French toast. Wish we had more time in Florence to eat here again!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

This small place serves a version of American breakfast that is good for an Italian cafe, but would pale compared to a real diner in the USA. There was a long line waiting to be seated mostly consisting of students. The coffee was quite good and more like you would get in the USA. Since most Italians do not eat breakfast and instead just have an espresso and a sweet roll, there are not many places to have a traditional breakfast. This is one place where you can come close to a traditional breakfast.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

When you get tired of croissants for breakfast check out Le Vespe. They offer eggs and bacon. And on Sundays for their brunch you can get Eggs Benedict! Just nice to get a filling breakfast once in awhile!

1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We came here for brunch. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great option for people seeking a warm breakfast (eggs, pancakes etc) which is not easy to come by in croissant happy Italy.