Donatello Bed & Breakfast
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$84
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$317
US$246
US$106
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

NH Firenze(Florence)
US$119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I really hope to go bak to Florence and if Simone still has this place, no doubt I'll stay here.
I have already recommended it twice to people I've met on the road and I would recommend it to anyone going to Florence.
Simone, the owner is a very nice human being who went out of his way to help me beyond any expectation.
He gave me a map on arriving, told me about the places to go and bothered to get tea for me because I don't drink coffee.
The room was perfectly clean and everything looked clean and new.
His art sorrounds you on almost every room and you feel like you're staying at a friend's. Simone pu,t fresh fruit in my room prior to my arrival and was ready to satisfy my every quextion.
The location is not in the center of Florence but you can go everywhere with a short walk or by bus, since line 13 stops right next to the b&b.
Simone offered to lend me the bike he bought just for one regular guest he receives at the b&b during July, but I just walked everywhere except when he so nicely took me to piazzale michelangelo and one time I took the bus.
Overall a wonderful experience and highly recommended!

There's a kitchen on the second floor and a pantry on the third.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We chose this B&B as we arrived with a car and it was possible to park outside on the street. It costs 12 EUR per day (you can pay for three days infront), and its only meters away from the inner ring (just beware, they clean roads once per week, and for that night you have to move the car!). Location of the B&B is OK. Its located in "residential" zone of Florence and not in the tourist centre. It took us around 15 minutes of pleasant walk to the main attractions (a bit more to the river), and the walk is flat (unlike on the hilly south side of Florence). City market is quite close, and there are also several nice restaurants around there. If you arrive by a train, its around 30 minutes walk to the B&B, but you can also take a local bus.

Rooms... Simone doesn't have plenty of rooms in his B&B, and the whole place feels like a huge artistic appartment (upstairs is another great appartment for more people - including kitchen, nice terrace,...). We stayed in one the two rooms on the "base" floor which included bathrooms. Good size, clean. I didn't get bothered by the traffic. All the rooms are interestingly decorated, with unique paintings. Well... the whole place is interestingly decorated and it feels like an art gallery.

Simone offers good advice and tips on the Florence. He also can speak English if you need ;-) Breakfast is basic, coffee/tea/milk with fresh croissants. Wifi and a computer with internet connection are also available!

Bottom line. If you arrive with your own car (or without) and still want to stay somewhere comfortable, good value and close to the centre, this is the place!

Reviewed 26 June 2010

In general we were pretty disappointed with our stay at the Donatello B&B.

First, the basics. The B&B is located on a corner outside the main "circle" that is historic downtown Florence. Our room and bathroom (bathroom is not attached, but it is private) were clean and comfortable. The breakfast consists of coffee that you make yourself and pastries that are delivered fresh each morning. Simone, the manager, was nice and took some time to show us a map and talk to us about the city when we first arrived.

The biggest issue that we had by far is the traffic noise from the streets outside the B&B. The room & windows are not well-insulated from road noise, and the streets have traffic all night long, including a significant amount of motorcycle traffic. Both of us are pretty heavy sleepers and we were kept awake for both nights (weeknights) with the noise. We did not have this problem in any other hotel we stayed in, even places with more street noise.

Additionally, the B&B is quite far from the historic city center. It took us (2 pretty fit young adults) 20 minutes walking to get to anything, and 30-35 minutes to reach the river. There are also very few (none?) restaurants near the B&B, so don't plan on walking back to the inn before dinner unless you want to walk another 35 minutes back into the city again.

Finally, the windows in the room did not close tightly, so there were a fair number of mosquitoes that would come into the room, so we would wake up with mosquito bites.

The room was not expensive by Florence standards, but after staying here and seeing other options in Florence, I would gladly spend 20-30 more Euros per night for a place that was quieter and closer to restaurants/shops/attractions. The fact that we couldn't sleep really cut into our enjoyment of Florence.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
donatellobb, Proprietario at Donatello Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2010

My dear friends,

I am very sorry to understand that you have not had a good stay at the Donatello B&B, becouse i really love all my guests and i do all the best for them everytime ! Regarding the location, please check on google maps and find us located in about 1 km from Piazza Duomo and less than 100 meters from the beginning of the historical city center, the limited traffic zone (maybe you do not know very well the city of Florence, but I can assure you that we are really centrally located).

The noise problem does not exist if you close the double glazing (considering also that we are located in the most exclusive residential area of Florence), you can only ask for explanations on how to close the window, was very simple! maybe you have not been able to close them because they were different from yours, because in true Florentine style!)

Although it is full of trattorias in the vicinity of the inn as “trattoria dei Macci”, “the Cibreo restaurant”, “Gilda Bistrot”; “il Pizzaiolo”... (please check on google…) and many other restaurants and pizzerias but I have recommended a really good restaurant close as possible to the cathedral, knowing that you were going in that way, where you could spend and eat very well…

Thank you anyway for being our guest, and I hope to be more useful in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Simone

Reviewed 25 May 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in Florence, and it was great! Simone was incredibly helpful and friendly, providing us with a map and restaurant recommendations upon our arrival. The room was a nice size, and comfortable.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

It feels like home here. The room was spacious and clean. Simone the owner, is a joyful warmhearted Italian guy. He whistled old Soviet anthem to us amusing us with it and that was funny. He was very attentive to us...
... Rent a bike at the train station or in the city center and you'll be just fine (less walking, more contemplating)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple