“Fantastic food”

Osteria Vecchio Cancello
Reserve with
Osteria Vecchio Cancello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 2,984 Restaurants in Florence
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Walked in for dinner. Authentic Italian restaurant. The eggplant parmingana and osso bucco were amazing. No air conditioning but the food is worth the warmth.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here one night during our stay in Florence and it was one of my favorites! They have a nice garden area outside in the back. The staff was very friendly and the food was excellent, I was very pleased with my meal!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

As the title suggests, we had a good dinner (3 pasta dishes) at the restaurant. The food itself was cooked promptly, but it took a long time to actually get our order in and then get the bill and pay at the end. The two waitresses were doing a brilliant job and couldn't have done anything more, but I suggest the owner either help out a bit rather than just standing near the till, or hire some more staff.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant with organic foods and wines and great service. Read the front and back of your menu which tell you the story of the food and the 'goose-swan' wine (Cigno Nero). I ate the wild boar pasta...it was so delicious I savoured every mouthful... and I had gluten free pasta. With the fresh paparadelle I'm sure it would have been next level. My husband had the octopus, one of his favourite dishes. He says it is the best he had ever eaten. We had the cigno Nero wine which was wonderful. The service was lovely, friendly but relaxed. The decor had a nice vintage feel. Highly recommended

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner after checking it on TripAdvisor and we were delighted
We shared a large very good mozzarella buffalo and fresh vegetables salad. I hade a tagliatelle with shrimps and my husband had papprdella with boar sauce which was fantastic We ended with a very good tiramisu A nice end to a great dinner. This is a family run osteria and the service is perfect. Do not miss this one. Yona S.