“So helpful”

Ciro and Sons
Ranked #203 of 2,986 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Because I need to eat gluten and dairy free food, I was eager to try this restaurant. When we arrived there, it was so busy which is a good sign. We didn't have to wait too long for a table. Once seated, the staff were very attentive and they guided me through their menu, advising me what I could eat. I chose a cheese and mushroom pizza and my husband had the lasagne. I was advised that the pizza may arrive later than the lasagne as it is specially prepared but they arrived together. The pizza was lovely, it's so nice to eat something that tastes "normal". You do have to pay €2 extra for gluten free but it's worth it. I then had a gluten free cheesecake which was also delicious. Would definitely recommend this restaurant

Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

As someone with coeliac disease, I was excited to try the gluten free pizza at Ciro and Sons. It did not disappoint! The crust was light, crunchy and evenly cooked. My boyfriend (not coeliac) shared it with me and also commented on how nice it was. We recommend the Pizze Vesuvio - delicious (the truffle oil makes it!)

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Whilst wandering the streets of Florence,we discovered this delightful little restaurant. We found all staff were kind knowledgeable and extremely helpful. All the meals, me and my wife had were very well made and very moreish even being a gluten free was no problem even things I didn't expect to be gluten free were . Would definitely recommend it to all. So much we went three times

Reviewed 22 September 2017

They were very friendly staff and very happy to talk with us about all of their gluten free options. I had the chicken lijmonate, which was delightful and moist despite being grilled.
Pasta dish portion sizes were generous, without being excessive.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved this restaurant. They were so friendly and accommodating. It's family owned...loved the family pictures on the walls (going up the stairs). One of the sons served us and made great recommendations on wine. They have several vegetarian options and easily accommodate vegans (like me). Great atmosphere, great staff, great food, great prices! We sat next to a couple who said they always eat there when they come to Florence and they come to Florence every year!! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Cocoloves2travel