All reviews junior suite la loggia beautiful hotel overlooking florence former monastery main building impeccable service the general manager every hour highest level pool restaurant the entire staff breathtaking views private terrace dining experience shuttle service our honeymoon
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Spectacular views, outstanding food and a unique setting make this the perfect refuge from the tourist frenzy that is Firenze. Tuscany at its best in an elegant environment where the cares of the world melt away. Unique rooms, most with views and a chance for quiet while still offering good access to the museums and shopping. Bring your platinum card.

Room Tip: Lots of stone steps. Pick a room that suits your willingness to walk up
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Cecilia P, Assistant Manager at Belmond Villa San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Lady and Gentleman,

Thank you so much for your kind comment from which we are pleased to learn that you enojyed your stay with us and you appreciated the service we provided.

Our main goal is to exceed the expectations of our Guests in order to satisfy their requirements and let them stay an unforgettable and enjoyable stay.

We do hope to have the chance to meet you and welcoming you once again in a not to distant future.

My kindest regards

Emanuele Manfroi

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 days here and enjoyed it completely. The staff is attentive but not noticed. The view of Florence is superb at the restaurant, from your room and from the entrance to the courtyard. We enjoyed afternoon wine in the sun drenched breezy courtyard with an incredible view of Florence from under an umbrella. Breakfast and dinner are superb again with views and dinner with a wonderful pianist.

Breakfast can be requested in your room and this was perfect as well. Enjoy wine in your private terrace or courtyard or explore the rooms of the prior monastery.

Room service is superb and we enjoyed the suite. The housekeepers were incredible, detailed and gracious.

We had everything we needed and more. I was very impressed with the staff and their desire to please.

This is a wonderful property to be enjoyed and not just a place to sleep.

Their club sandwich was great as well as other dishes. Veal Milanese was excellent but was saltier on some evenings.

A wonderful place to think and relax. I would as in most hotels hope for a larger shower but otherwise very comfortable.

I would return and just hibernate here savoring the view and serenity.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lady and Gentleman,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment from which we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and you appreciated the service we provided.

It is a honour to be complimented from you and to be succeded to exced Guests expections.

We do hope to welcoming you once again in a not to distant future, I remain entirely at your disposal for any further assistance or information you mey need and send you my personal regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Words cannot describe how beautiful this property is. The staff were amazing, the amenities splendid and the views spectacular. I’ve never slept so well in my life. The history alone behind the property is worth making the trek for. If you are thinking about booking- do it. You won’t regret it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lady and Gentleman,

Thank you for taking the time to share these lovely words from which we are pleased to learn that you were astonished of our Property. In addition on behalf of our Team and myself a huge thank you to have appreciated the service they provided.

Feel free to contact me should you need assistance or information, and meanwhile I send you my personal regards.

Sincerely Yours,

Emanuele Manfroi

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This charming hotel in Fiesole, near Florenz is one of the best I know. Even if you don't stay here; go for dinner and enjoy the grounds and the views of Florence in the distance. The food is excellent and the staff is really trying to make all your wishes come true. A magical place...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Amazing service, but very, very pricey. Quiet, amazing views, close to old town of Fiesole. Room service and dinner is very pricey. But they can get taxis and also have a shuttle down to Florence often. Rooms are quiet, and god size. Bathrooms are heavenly. The grounds make you feel like you are in a time warp. Heck Prince Charles stayed there the week before I did.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family