“Soooooo good”

Ranked #18 of 57 Restaurants in Fiesole
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Crazy Train dispone di due sale interne,un prive per le cene romantiche e una veranda esterna per le calde serate estive. Il locale dispone di free WI-FI. Abbiamo un ottimo forno a legna che ti permettera di gustare delle buonissime pizze. Potrai assaggiare i favolosi tortelli di patate rigorosamente fatti a mano come da antica ricetta Tosco-Romagnola e il nostro menu puo soddisfare ogni tuo desiderio sia per cene a base di carne che di pesce.Ricca e la nostra carta dei vini e delle birre artigianali.Il tocco forte sono i dolci fantastici, preparati dalla nostra chef Rossana.Molto carine sono le serate del mercoledi sera con "La stortellata" dove con soli 15 euro potrete gustare tortelli conditi con 4 salse diverse e pizza gigante al tagliere il tutto compreso di acqua e vino.A soli 5 minuti dall'uscita Firenze sud in direzione Pontassieve percorrendo la via Aretina troverete in zona Compiobbi, precisamente nella piazza del paese, il nostro locale.
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Some of the family had eaten here a few days before so we decided we'd all go and made a reservation. Was worth it. I had the steak that I shared with my partner. There was enough for both of us and the handmade chips were so tasty. Everyone else had pizza and cleaned their plates.
What was lovely was the waitress remembered some of the family from the previous night.
They have a good selection of arts and beer and great wine.
All at a very good price. I would advise you book

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We went to The Crazy Train for dinner. We ordered 3 different pizzas- margarita, 4 cheese and a vegetarian pizza. All pizzas tasted great! They are of good size too.
The restaurant is loud.
Staff are friendly and the pizzas do not cost too much.

Gaia M, Proprietario at The Crazy Train, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks for your value! We do pizza with so much love and its great to See , sometimes, that our work is appreciate! Wait for you the next time! Crazy staff

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Firstly a big thank you to all at the Crazy Train who helped make our holiday to the region a wonderful experience. The Crazy train is a small bistro and bar that is worth finding in the small town of Compiobbi.
The food is properly home cooked and on our 3 visits I tried the pasta, pizza and 'Maurices special' all of which I couldn't fault. If every town in UK had a small family run bistro like this the world would be a happier place.
The local beer is also very good and I was served a huge great litre of the stuff but managed ok.
Thank you for the Fig flan that you kindly gave my wife when we left on our last day - it was delicious.
The Crazy Train does not pretend to be anything but a local , friendly family run bistro with very good food, a fine welcome and good beer. If you are in the area I suggest you give it a go.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We went to the Crazy Train a couple of times and the staff were really lovely and welcoming.

I think the pizzas are the best option and they are delicious... I did have pasta one night, and whilst it was nice it wasn't spectacular. The pizzas, however, we're very good.

Would definite eat there again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I've been in this restaurant three times and I definitely recommend it but be aware: is not a luxury restaurant. It's a nice place to stay with your friends and taste their famous "tortelli". The appetizers and the "tagliata" are very good as well. I also suggest to try their artisan beer. On Wednesday they organize the so called "stortellata". It's a fixed menu that give you the chance to try "tortelli" with four different sauces and then to have a pizza. This is the best way to get in touch with this restaurant. On the other hand i have to say that during the weekend the restaurant it's very crowded and therefore the place it's a little noise and it takes more time than normal to be served. what else to say? Try it and enjoy!

1  Thank fleur_fo