“Not very good for Vegetarians ”

Pizzeria Funiculi-Funicula
Ranked #123 of 1,061 Restaurants in Pisa
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

The worst vegetarian pizza I had in Italy. I ordered a pizza with black olives and I think they interpreted this as "olive bianca" which is just the opposite. Also, the combination of vegetables make the pizza kind of sour.

Some Panini I ordered as entrée were kind of burnt.

Location is good...

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank Bishma S

Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

I have been to one of the best pizza restaurants in Italy and in Malta but this one just took my breath away. They were fully booked (as they always are so can't go wrong there) and I could only get a take away. 7 minutes later I was eating my pizza across the road by the river and admiring the Pisa night lights. Wow. I wasn't actually really hungry when I ordered but I couldn't stop eating the pizza as it was just so so tasty. Great thin base. Great meat,tomato sauce,cheese & a bit of spice. Absolutely pleased!
Great service in the place too! Hoping to get a table next time! The pizza was so good that I went back to say in my poor Italian - "the pizza- tuttu been!" :)

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Service very! Pizza amaizing! Good price

We arrived at 7:30 without reservation but they accepted us even if they were fully booked!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Just how good can a pizza be? Come to this restaurant and find out! I had the White truffle pizza, and I will remember it forever. I would have happily paid double for the food and wine I had here.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 22 September 2014

We were recommended this place by a cab driver when we asked for advice. It is very small and does get packed so it's best to make a reservation which we did on our 3rd night.

The food cannot be faulted and the waitresses were very pleasant
, efficient and easy on the eye ( if that even matters ) . We got change of 60 euros for a massive anti pasta starter for 2 and a large pizza, a large bottle of wine and 2 beers.

I think you will find better food although the food was good and I think you will find better value but on e again it wasn't bad.

The only thing that put me off a little was having booked for 8 we were told we had until 9.30 to leave and I don't like to be rushed. For me it was immaterial though as I stayed until 10.15 but they must have turned away 20 customers from 9.30 to 10.15 so I guess they only insist on that 90 minute flue because it is extremely popular.

Now if you do pay a visit and like me you go for the set meal anti pasta which says it's for 2 , you will not be complaining about its value as I was with another meat lover and we could not even get near finishing.

This would have been a satisfying meal on its own and to the waitress 's credit she asked if we still wanted the pizza as she could see we were struggling but not wishing to be beaten by food I wolfed down an entire pizza aswell.

All in all a good night out but as mentioned at the beginning, you will find cheaper, you will find better, you will find bigger and you will find better located but give it a go.

Date of visit: September 2014