“Good pizza north of Arno”

Pizzeria Funiculi-Funicula
Ranked #120 of 1,028 Restaurants in Pisa
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

A very popular place among students so you better reserve a table in advance. Do not despair the place is also a take-away. The pizzas are fine and cheap and the ambiente cosy.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

we just went there but be really in an hurry. We got just some pizzas and beers but either if the restaurant was full of people we were serviced in the right time and with the good items. the only negative point to set on evidence was that they do not have draft beer but probably was a momentary gaps.

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

I was with my two friends. We are experienced travelers, arrived to town by carsharing. The lovely local driver recommended this place. We arrived at 6pm, the grumpy, may I say rude pizzaman shouted us out that they only open at 8pm(!). So we waited in the cold February, starving on the street. We stood on the head of a long queue at 8pm when they finally let us in. Turned out they accept guests only by reservation and we are not in their book. First we were very nice but the impolite and arrogant staff made us angry. If they tell us two hours earlier that we need to book a table, probably we would understood, even if in italian, especially because three of us can speak six different languages. We don't recommend this arrogant place at all to anyone. Two blocks from there Pizza Giorgio is much better, they are polite and the meal is lovely!

1  Thank DoktorLawyertravels
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Real Italian pizza at a low-keyed and convenient pizzeria with sidewalk tables overlooking the river and a huge selection of pizzas. I loved the Contadino pizza, but every pizza my family got here was excellent and authentic Italian-style pizza.

Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

The worst vegetarian pizza I had in Italy. I ordered a pizza with black olives and I think they interpreted this as "olive bianca" which is just the opposite. Also, the combination of vegetables make the pizza kind of sour.

Some Panini I ordered as entrée were kind of burnt.

Location is good...