“Great cafe”

Blandis Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 562 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

The perfect place to start your visit ti siena, a friendly host who will tell you exactly where to go to experience the lovely city!

1  Thank שגיא ט

Reviewed 20 April 2017

People make a place, and this is certainly true at Blandis Cafe. The staff were friendly and open, genuinely interested in us and very excited to share about Italy (and Napoli!). They were also super helpful in giving us advice for seeing Sienna. On top of that, it's a beautiful, cozy little cafe with great outdoor seating. Prices are very reasonable, pastries are delicious, TRY THE HOUSE WINE, tea selection is excellent (this is not a given in Italy!). Truly a gem! Will go back every time I'm in the area.

1  Thank kathrynharperleigh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Great staff, great atmosphere, great quality of food, easy parking and very good selection of wine....what else????

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Out of all the cafes I had visited during my time in Siena, this one was my favorite. It was about a 15 minute walk outside of the wall but it was worth every bit of the hike. The owner and his employees were very welcoming to my boyfriend and I. Neither of us speak much Italian, and although the owner wasn't necessarily fluent in English himself, he treated us with hospitality. The cappuccinos were delicious and flavorful, and the croissants were amazing. Aside from the great dining experience we had, it was the owner and his employees that brought us back to the cafe for a second time before we left Siena. This morning we were welcomed back and they recognized us as though we were regulars. They asked us how our stay in Siena had been and it was nice to feel welcomed in a foreign country. I hope to return to Siena one day and I will be making a visit to this cafe again. If you're looking to truly have an experience while in Siena this is the cafe to go to. Other shops will give you your food and send you on your way. This man and his employees know how to connect with people.

1  Thank Karry W
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I met Francisco and the owner w my girlfriend as we walked in. Such cool guys. Finding parking for Siena is a difficult task- and it would have been very easy for them to dissuade me from leaving my car here overnight- yet, they were so kind and open to chatting for a bit. Francisco made my girlfriend freshly squeezed orange juice which was a treat for her. Overall, super nice and helpful people. Also had a ham and cheese sandwich which was very nice. Will return to say hello and make new friends. Cheers guys!

1  Thank poloace
Januar10, Proprietario at Blandis Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you for being our guests. It 'a pleasure to work with guests like you ...
Gennaro Cioffi