“The most fun I had in Tuscany!”

Agriturismo Marciano
Ranked #1 of 93 Speciality Lodging in Siena
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Marciano is so amazing I don't want to write this review and share it with others. This is an absolutely fantastic agriturismo. It's located just 2 miles from Siena yet it's tucked away amid it's own vineyards and olive trees. The property is very beautiful and well maintained and the hosts were just incredibly lovely. The rooms themselves are very clean and quite charming too. There's a main great room which has a sitting area, wood stove and the kitchen. It's layout and design is very cozy and cabin-like. The balcony and courtyard are equally inviting. My stay at Marciano was a highlight of my Tuscany travels. The other guests were just an amazing amount of fun. We all had a GREAT time together. The dinners were absolutely fantastic too. The women who runs the kitchen does an incredible job and her food is just delicious. If you stay here, be sure to dine here too. Dinner was so good the first night I couldn't resist a second night and I wasn't disappointed. And if I'm going to mention the dinners it's only fitting I also mention the wonderful breakfasts. Each morning there was coffee and a large spread of baked goods, eggs, cereal, meats etc waiting for us. It was a great way to begin each day. This agriturismo is also a winery and it produced some of the best wine I encountered in Tuscany. We drank copius amounts during our dinners. The wine maker here really knows how to make an outstanding wine. Before checking out I was sure to buy several bottles. Honestly, I wish I could have carried more back home with me. Its unfortunate my stay at Marciano wasn't longer as I would have loved a winery tour and it would have also been fun to take one of their cooking classes. I would absolutely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others. Marciano is a GREAT choice.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This family run vineyard, olive grove and agroturisimo near Siena is a beautiful place with lovely views from our room of the hills nearby. The dinner - served family style- was delicious and sparked great conversation. Wine tour and tasting was also great. A lovely place. Book well ahead, they fill up. We were only able to be there one night because they were booked but other guests stayed several days to a week, using it as a base to explore the Chianti region.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My husband and I stayed at Agriculturo Marciano for one night. As soon as we arrived amongst the spectacular views across the Tuscan hills and a beautiful old farm building we knew that we were somewhere special. We stayed in the Cammino Suite which isn’t yet advertised on the website. I did not see the other rooms but if you are concerned that there are no photographs of this room online you need not worry- it was stunning! The room has a fabulous bathroom with striking brick work and a big wooden door and everything is freshly decorated so that it feels contemporary and cosy at the same time.

In the late afternoon we took the cookery class with Valentina and learned to make a range of dishes, including fresh pasta. Valentina was very knowledgeable and clearly an excellent chef! It was very special to be able to sample parts of our cooking at dinner later. Dinner with the other guests was brilliant- so much of the food is fresh from the kitchen garden and it was all delicious! The other guests were great fun and were clearly just as delighted with their dinner and stay as we were. We would love to return next time for more than just one night!

1  Thank Kate_Winstan
Reviewed 25 October 2017

We stayed at the Agriturismo the beginning of September. As soon as we pulled up, I knew we picked a gem of a place to stay. It was everything I hoped plus more - peaceful, scenic, personable staff, beautiful room with the most scenic views from the bedroom window of olive trees and vineyards. We ate dinner there twice and it did not disappoint...restaurant quality food, with plentiful, delicious local wine served with each course. And did I mention breakfast...the homemade pastries and pizzas were to die for! We met some wonderful people at the Agriturisimo during our stay. Don't miss staying at this beautiful Tuscan farmhouse..it will not disappoint.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattie1126
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The accommodations were certainly comfortable. Beautiful, serene view from the bedroom overlooking vineyards. Family was nice although when we were there, the sister/brother were busy as it was harvest season so they weren't around much.
We had two dinners. First night was plentiful as there were 10 guests in attendance. Also, if you drink more than the quota, you will be charged. But, that's fair. The second dinner night, there were only 5 of us and it was simple but delicious food but wouldn't be worth the value. Definitely try one dinner night.
Breakfast was again plentiful, often leftovers from previous days/nights meals.
Overall, this is a little gem but it wasn't super super fantastic like other travellers say.
That's just my opinion. Perhaps, we had looked so forwrad to this #1 spot that we were a bit disappointed by the ho hum of it all.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous