All reviewsother guestsmulti coursefood and wineserved family styleworking vineyardorganic vineyardwine tourfive coursesvegetable gardenhomemade pastriescooking classhome cooked dinnergreat winebig tablecooking lessonvineyards and olive treesevery morning
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I will start with the positives. The farmhouse is located in a lovely area so you feel like you are immersing yourself in the Tuscan lifestyle. The farmhouse has a nice veranda where the guests met to have wine, bread, and cheese. Also a nice breakfast served family style with the guests sharing their many adventures. Maggie speaks the best English and is helpful with planning day trips. Nadia is also helpful as well though I found Christian to be very uninvolved. (perhaps due to the grape harvest which was in full force while we were visiting) We did use the GPS which helped us to find our way more than once. We paid 10 Euro per day for the GPS.
The wine drinkers purchased wine at the Marciano which was easy. It was nice to have the use of the frig too. It is also nice to have the use of the computer to send e-mails home though the lighting is not good in the living room (quite small) but the big kitchen is nice.

Less than positive for me were the following: it cost 12 euro to catch a taxi to the farmhouse so you will need to factor the cost into your budget, the drive to the farmhouse is charming but we stopped driving there at night due to the road, we didn't feel the welcoming warmth from Christian that everyone raves about, the room was fine but if you really want to settle in and put your things away in drawers and in the closet this is not a good match for you,however, if you can get the suite you will have a lot of room, the dinner was not as great as we had hoped ( might have been an off night in the kitchen) we only had the dinner once (pd 32 pp euro with no wine and 38 pp euro with wine) and the meal is served at 8 p.m. We opted to eat a big lunch while out sightseeing and a lighter dinner (cheese, fruit, and bread) back at the Marciano. Our group had four people staying at the Marciano..I did a survey and the vote was 6.5 out of 10 with a range of 6, 6.5, and 7. I chose the farmhouse based on Trip Advisor reviews..it is true certain age groups might be happier here. I grew up in a rural area so I can handle bugs in my room, towels being dried outdoors as well as being cold. A 3 night stay might have felt very different than a 6 night stay.

I would recommend the Marciano to a friend but with some reservations. I do not feel I can say No as for some it would be a perfect match.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roxy1947
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Agriturismo Marciano is everything you could want in a place to stay, and even more. The setting is beautiful, and the rooms are charming and clean. The common area is comfortable, with a computer available for the guests. They also provide wifi if you have your own computer. And the food - where to begin? The included breakfast was great. The optional dinners were the best I had in our 3 weeks in Italy. The food was fresh and delicious, and each course was accompanied by their wines, which were also fantastic. Not only the the food unbelievably good, but interacting with the other guests was also a highlight. I wish we had stayed longer, and can't wait until we have the opportunity to return. They were helpful in helping us plan our day trips to the surrounding hill towns. A car is a must, and we did have a little trouble finding it when we first arrived. My fault, I forgot to bring the directions with me and relied upon our GPS. I highly recommend Agriturismo Marciano as a place to really experience Tuscany.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1ParisLuv
Reviewed 3 October 2010

After being pushed around with tons of tourists in Venice and Florence we had finally arrived at our peacedful spot. Finding Agriturismo Marciano from the car rental agency was a challange. Once we did we rented a GPS from Nadia. It is already programed with tons of great places. Even with the GPS we we lost some but those were a good lost, not feeling like we would never find where we were going. Nadia and Maggie made our stay perfect. A very good breakfast to start the day was welcome. Wonderful breads, cakes, yougurts and cereals were a relief after being thrown a hard, cold roll in other places. Our dinner with Nadia was never to be forgotten. Each course was served with Nadia's pleasure. You felt like she was a family member trying to very much please you. After visiting the hill towns, our home awaited us to relax and compare our days with others while having a glass of wine on the terrace. After the 5 pleasant days here we had to move on, but our visit with Marciano will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank astrolover
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stayed here for a few days in August and really enjoyed our stay. Nadia and Maggie were very helpful in providing us with good ideas for day-trips and we drove to small towns in the area for day trips. We loved san galgano and the restaurant right beside it was well as the beach Maggie recommended. We had dinne there one night and it was fun to sit with other guests and get to know one another. Dinner was delicious and fun with ample wine and some limoncello. It was a little expensive compared to some of our other meals but it was worthwhile for one night. Breakfast was also a great treat with freshly baked treats everyday. Having Siena close by was nice as we were able to enjoy it in the evening - and you must - it is stunning at night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drJ22
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We stayed only one night but it was everything we wanted. Close to Siena yet peaceful. We were greated with a wonderful glass of their own wine so we knew it would be good. So pretty, we took lots of pictures around the courtyard.Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple