Agriturismo Marciano
Hotel Athena(Siena)
US$426
Agoda.com
US$276
B&B Gli Archi(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$186
B&B.it
B&B La Verbena(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$121
Podere le vigne(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$105
B&B.it
All reviewsother guestsfood and winemulti courseworking vineyardorganic vineyardvegetable gardenfive courseshome cooked dinnerwine tourhomemade pastriescooking classvineyards and olive treescooking lessonhighlight of our tripbig tableperfect tuscanhome base
Reviewed 8 November 2010

THIS IS NOT A HOTEL! Approach this as a friend's country side home you are visiting. It feels like a charming country side farm home but is a 5 minutes drive from Siena. The rooms are comfortable enough and the bathrooms are OK. If you are looking for a luxury stay do not go there. If you want to have an authentic Tuscan experience then that is the place to go. You will already stay in hotels during your trip so why not experience something authentic and local ? Christian is a great host. The dinner was fantastic. Several courses simple prepared with quality ingredients and super tasty. The cats are lovely. We had a lot of fun meeting others that were staying at Agriturismo Marciano sharing trips stories during dinner and breakfast. You will enjoy the country side, eat well, meet people, it was awesome.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed_berkeley
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My sister and I were very excited to stay here at this agriturismo. I had many places to choose from and, going by the Trip Advisor reviews, I chose the Agriturismo Marciano. We arrived later in the afternoon and were greeted by Nadia, one of the owners. She quickly showed us to our room, which was freezing cold. I asked about the heat and was told that there is heat for only two hours at night and two hours in the morning. OK - I kind of get that. We put our things away and went back to the main living area. We were not offered anything. No information, no water, nothing. I finally asked for a glass of wine from the brother, Christian. He did get up and get us one. I have to say that this is one weird family. There is Nadia and her husband and his friend, Augusto. I don't get the relationship. And then, there's Nadia's brother, Christian. I am a great "people watcher" and I have to say that this whole house is alittle strange. The husband and "friend" took up the entire living room couch each night watching a loud TV in the dark! We could not even sit in there! It is advertised as a "homey" place , but - it was anything but homey! Also, the first night we were there, we went in and sat down at the table and the dinner came out. It was nothing memorable. The funny thing was that, upon leaving, I was charged 30 Euros for my meal!!! 30 Euros! That's alot of money for a non-memorable meal. I was not aware that there was going to be an additional charge. We were already paying enough for nothing! I did not like this place. I had a creepy feeling right from the start. This was not a good value. We did not mind paying - we were traveling for 3 weeks and had stayed in fabulous and, even kind of expensive, places, but this was definitely a huge waste of our money and time. Also - others have stated how they were shown the winery area, etc. We did not have any sort of experience like that. Also, I would consider both of us extremely friendly and extremely outgoing, so it could not have been a conflict like that. Very strange, indeed. Also, the wine was not even that great. The site states that there is wireless available. It is only available on your own laptop in the family living quarters - not in your rooms!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank Cissy Y
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We stayed a few nights toward the end of our honeymoon here. It overall was a great place to stay, the value was amazing, the owner was very accomodating and helpful. He offered many ideas of places to go and eat around the Siena area. It really was a beautiful property. Unfortunately my husband became very sick there with a bad sinus infection. We ended up staying at the farmhouse a lot because he couldn't get out of bed and one night we even watched a movie! It was very nice and felt a lot like home which we were thankful for. One disappointment was that since my husband was not getting any better we tried to change our flights to leave a few days early. We decided to head up to Florence a day early then we reserved, to make sure we did not miss out flight. Even knowing that he was sick for a few days, the owner ended up charging us for the night we did not stay! I understand that is a business decision on his part, but it did not seem as if the place was fully booked & he was missing out on guests. It would of been nice if he was a bit more understanding in our situation, especially as newlyweds we stayed here since it was affordable and in the end it ended up costing us more than we bargained for!

The other disappointment was that Nadia who we heard so much about her cooking from posts on here was not there the whole time we stayed because she was away. Her homecooked meals was a huge reason we picked this place.
Overall a great place though!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We stayed at agriturismo Marciano for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The hotel is in an old farmhouse located in a beautiful, typically Tuscan scenary. The view from our room was incredible. The rooms are rustic, but comfortable and the bathrooms were recently renovated. A can't miss is Nadia's cooking, which is amazing. Renato makes sure to couple each of Nadia's dishes with the appropriate wine...we had dinner there twice (we were planning on only eating there one night due to the large quantity of food and wine but we did not resist). It is very romantic. The prices are very fair and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2010

After much research on B and Bs to stay, we decided on this place. It is absolutely charming, very rustic with large bedrooms with brick and beam ceilings, comfortable beds and the view of the countryside from our window was unbelievable. Nadia and her husband, Christian, her brother, were wonderful hosts and welcomed us with a nice glass of wine when we arrived after a long but scenic drive from Rome to Siena. We had made arrangements to have Nadia make us dinner that evening and it was my favorite meal I had the entire trip. We started with white wine from their winery and an antipasto of layered prosciutto, tomatoe and cheese with olive oil. Primo course , with more white wine, was a simple pasta with a light pesto sauce and tomatoes . ( We were lucky to get the last basil and tomatoes from her organic garden). Delicous! Then she presented the secondo. It was turkey roulades stuffed with cheese, sauteed spinach at room temperature, white cannoloni beans with drizzle of olive oil, fresh greens, stuffed tomatoes and these pearl onions cooked with balsamic glaze that were like candy! Don't forget the many bottles of their red wine to try on the table as well which were wonderful. Dessert was just as good with a plate containing fresh homemade peach ice cream, biscotti, another type of cookie, and a pear slice with a dark chocolate glaze. We enjoyed this meal with 4 other couples that we became friends with while staying there and it was again, one of the best meals and evenings we had . I also need to speak of her breakfast in the morning which Maggie helps prepare as well. It is all homemade and fresh from her organic garden- granola, cereals, breads, jams, coffee, tea and we started our day with a full stomach and again, enjoyed the company of others. I only wish we stayed there longer instead of just two nites and would highly recommend you partake in one of Nadia's dinners. You won't be disappointed. There helper Maggie is also very informative and will recommend places to visit and see and set up your GPS if needed.
If we return to Italy, we have decided to make this our place to stay and travel from here daily. It was truly what you think of when you think of Tuscany!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple