“Loved Staying on this Agriturismo”

Agriturismo Marciano
Ranked #1 of 94 Speciality Lodging in Siena
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Agriturismo Marciano was such a wonderful part of my trip. I loved staying on a vineyard, waking up to the Bell's of the Duomo....feeling like I was in the country, but just outside of Siena....a beautiful walk into town. Dinner each night there was delicious...fresh food and delicious wines from their vineyard. Thank you Christan and your family/staff for a wonderful experience....I still am smiling from my trip! Kiersten Weis

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kweis912

Reviewed 8 November 2010

THIS IS NOT A HOTEL! Approach this as a friend's country side home you are visiting. It feels like a charming country side farm home but is a 5 minutes drive from Siena. The rooms are comfortable enough and the bathrooms are OK. If you are looking for a luxury stay do not go there. If you want to have an authentic Tuscan experience then that is the place to go. You will already stay in hotels during your trip so why not experience something authentic and local ? Christian is a great host. The dinner was fantastic. Several courses simple prepared with quality ingredients and super tasty. The cats are lovely. We had a lot of fun meeting others that were staying at Agriturismo Marciano sharing trips stories during dinner and breakfast. You will enjoy the country side, eat well, meet people, it was awesome.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed_berkeley
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My sister and I were very excited to stay here at this agriturismo. I had many places to choose from and, going by the Trip Advisor reviews, I chose the Agriturismo Marciano. We arrived later in the afternoon and were greeted by Nadia, one of the owners. She quickly showed us to our room, which was freezing cold. I asked about the heat and was told that there is heat for only two hours at night and two hours in the morning. OK - I kind of get that. We put our things away and went back to the main living area. We were not offered anything. No information, no water, nothing. I finally asked for a glass of wine from the brother, Christian. He did get up and get us one. I have to say that this is one weird family. There is Nadia and her husband and his friend, Augusto. I don't get the relationship. And then, there's Nadia's brother, Christian. I am a great "people watcher" and I have to say that this whole house is alittle strange. The husband and "friend" took up the entire living room couch each night watching a loud TV in the dark! We could not even sit in there! It is advertised as a "homey" place , but - it was anything but homey! Also, the first night we were there, we went in and sat down at the table and the dinner came out. It was nothing memorable. The funny thing was that, upon leaving, I was charged 30 Euros for my meal!!! 30 Euros! That's alot of money for a non-memorable meal. I was not aware that there was going to be an additional charge. We were already paying enough for nothing! I did not like this place. I had a creepy feeling right from the start. This was not a good value. We did not mind paying - we were traveling for 3 weeks and had stayed in fabulous and, even kind of expensive, places, but this was definitely a huge waste of our money and time. Also - others have stated how they were shown the winery area, etc. We did not have any sort of experience like that. Also, I would consider both of us extremely friendly and extremely outgoing, so it could not have been a conflict like that. Very strange, indeed. Also, the wine was not even that great. The site states that there is wireless available. It is only available on your own laptop in the family living quarters - not in your rooms!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank Cissy Y
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We stayed a few nights toward the end of our honeymoon here. It overall was a great place to stay, the value was amazing, the owner was very accomodating and helpful. He offered many ideas of places to go and eat around the Siena area. It really was a beautiful property. Unfortunately my husband became very sick there with a bad sinus infection. We ended up staying at the farmhouse a lot because he couldn't get out of bed and one night we even watched a movie! It was very nice and felt a lot like home which we were thankful for. One disappointment was that since my husband was not getting any better we tried to change our flights to leave a few days early. We decided to head up to Florence a day early then we reserved, to make sure we did not miss out flight. Even knowing that he was sick for a few days, the owner ended up charging us for the night we did not stay! I understand that is a business decision on his part, but it did not seem as if the place was fully booked & he was missing out on guests. It would of been nice if he was a bit more understanding in our situation, especially as newlyweds we stayed here since it was affordable and in the end it ended up costing us more than we bargained for!

The other disappointment was that Nadia who we heard so much about her cooking from posts on here was not there the whole time we stayed because she was away. Her homecooked meals was a huge reason we picked this place.
Overall a great place though!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We stayed at agriturismo Marciano for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The hotel is in an old farmhouse located in a beautiful, typically Tuscan scenary. The view from our room was incredible. The rooms are rustic, but comfortable and the bathrooms were recently renovated. A can't miss is Nadia's cooking, which is amazing. Renato makes sure to couple each of Nadia's dishes with the appropriate wine...we had dinner there twice (we were planning on only eating there one night due to the large quantity of food and wine but we did not resist). It is very romantic. The prices are very fair and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple