“So good!”

Panificio Il Magnifico
Ranked #2 of 34 Dessert in Siena
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Our tour guide brought us here to let us sample pastries. It was so good. Their Panis Fortis Albus (a dried candied fruit, nuts and flour cake) was out of this world. I bought 200 grams for a week long bike trip and should have bought three times that. So, good with tea or coffee.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 December 2017

When I spotted this little place back on a side street in Siena I could not pass it up. When I walked in the owner greeted me with a smile and Bonjourno. The aromas said "buy me". The cases were filled with lots of cookies, pastries and fresh baked breads. I ordered some of booth. I was in Bakery Heaven. Do not pass this place up when you visit here.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Ricciarelli and cantucci are truly yummy. Our cashier didn't speak a single word of english which is certainly a tell of how authentic the place is :-)

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank kartben
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Have been many times in Siena, but never miss great products from their bakery. Whatever you will choose, you won't be disappointed. Just pick from paninis, ricciarelli, cavallucci, pan forte, everything is so delicious. Yummy, can't wait next visit to eat some more.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Stane M
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Amazing bakery in the heart of Siena, try the Panpepato (spiced version of the Panforte), the Pan co' santi (a delicious fruit loaf, only available around November) and the famous cantucci biscuits...everything is beyond yummy and the ladies here are all lovely and will let you try before you buy. Definitely worth buying the packaged Panforte to take home, and make great gifts!

Date of visit: October 2016