“Pleasant Surprise ”
Review of Soul Caffe - CLOSED

Soul Caffe
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this cafe by chance, tempted by their lunchtime offer of pasta and wine for €7. We were completely bowled over by what we received for that price. I had mozzarella salad and my husband had pesto ravioli and we selected a local ale to accompany our food. Both dishes were fresh and wonderfully prepared, and it was definitely quantity AND quality. Service was excellent and was one of the best meals we had in Siena

Reviewed 9 April 2017

After weeks of travelling in Italy, I became convinced that no place, no where, no one, could be anything but nice...until I found this place. The guy working there seemed completely put out by my arrival. And he charged me 2.50 Euro for a caffelatte (it was specifically advertised as 2 Euro, which is already more than anywhere else in Tuscany).
The music here SUCKS (bad disco meets the chipmunks; not kidding). And the WIFI doesn't work.

1  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Living in Siena for 5 weeks, I needed a place where I could study and grab a cup of tea. This place is perfect. It's just minutes from the Piazza di Campo, but away from the crowds. It's light and airy inside with a modern flair. There are tables on the main floor, and also a few upstairs under an arch. In good weather, you can also sit outside. The entire design of the place is uber cool. They have wonderful cookies and desserts, plus a happy hour buffet of savory snacks beginning at 6 p.m. (for only 5 Euro). There's an array of Italian coffee drinks that looked delish, but I went with a pot of tea and some scrumptious cookies. Very affordable. Barista was super nice, and I had a nice chat with the owner. Entire experience was warm and inviting. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

The place has a certain "cool" vibe about it, but its no less welcoming for that. Its y
comfortable, does great beer (think Belgian monk artisan), good coffee and tasty snacks.
Be careful you could lose an afternoon in here!

Reviewed 13 November 2016

This place is hilariously rude. Ask if you can move a chair from one table to the next, and be told that it depends what you order (!). Reply that you would like a cocktail and something to eat. Be told that this is a bar and there are only snacks to eat, and you should learn to order properly like the people at the table next to you (!). Reply that your idea of something to eat was just a snack (like chips) that would go well with your Spritz, and get the reply that you should not expect more than the chips. Come on! We understand this is a bar, so why the bizarre obtuse unfriendly obstructionism? We finally just walked out, we couldn't stop laughing, or take any more unfriendliness.