“Lovely place for lunch in Assisi.”

Ristorante Metastasio
Ranked #61 of 245 Restaurants in Assisi
Price range: US$26 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Great food and wine with a wonderful view of the valley. Accommodated a group of 10 comfortably. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

the man made mistake and different food came out
but when the man took the order
he said the name of dish repeatly
so I didn't doubt
but that's all

additionally, the dish was really terrible
I have ordered medium but inside of the meat was all dark brown, no pink, overcooked
so too tough
but why was that smell strong bloody? overcooked but bloody smell.... It was magic
and wine he recommened was really bad, was sour like venegar
so I couldn't eat all of that

finally
when they gave the bill, the price was more expensive than I expected
so I said that to him
but as soon as saying , he was so angry and took me to the counter and said
"no problem, pay as you ordered and never come again"
without time to say I was almost expelled
unbelivable!!!!!!

first time in my life like that
why was the one made mistake angry with me? what happen to me?
until I went out, he was saying bad word again and again
what was my fault?
I just wanted him to apologize and admit his mistake
I can understand everyone can mistake
and that's not big
so I didn't want upset my holiday because of small thing
but what made him crazy? had a soccer game with me?
just admit and say sorry....it 's impossible?

Because of his hot temper, I nerver said about the food problem
I never agree that restarent is good
in peaceful assisi
I upset for a long time
I will never forget
food and service ....everthing was unforgettable

2  Thank koal o
Reviewed 18 September 2015

We came across this restaurant on our penultimate day in the area (see review of Romantik Hotel Le Silve di Armenzano) whilst walking through the side streets of Assisi getting close to dusk. We were thinking how great it would be to find a place to eat, overlooking the surrounding plain watching a beautiful sunset. Hey presto!! We were let in before opening time and given a table out on the lower balcony. It was a stunning location at a magical time of day. Perfect! The food wasn't to be sniffed at either. With an authentic, rustic, homemade feel, apparently prepared with local produce it was beautifully cooked and very, very good. The staff were friendly and helpful with a manager/owner/chef who came out every now and again to check if all was ok, happy to chat if you wanted. We booked another table for our final evening and had an equally wonderful meal and sunset. Fantastic!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We stumbled across this little gem whilst watching the sun setting. We hadn't booked, but they had room for us on there 3 tiered balcony. What a view! Great service and the food...Excellent. Beautiful fresh home made pasta. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

A good lunch with fantastic views. The service was quick (although our table was singled out for slightly poorer service and they had to be reminded about a couple of things, but everyone else seemed to get everything first time!) and the food was good. We particularly enjoyed the antipasto Metastasio, which included melon with proscuittio, buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes and a spelt wheat salad.
Value was OK, rather than execptional - the cover charge was 2.5 Euros a head, which was the steepest we paid in the eight restaurants we visited during our trip.