“Great food, friendly service, good value”
Review of Il Menestrello

Il Menestrello
Reserve with
Il Menestrello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 245 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This is the 4th year we have visited the area and we return here each time. We shared meat and cheese platter, hubby enjoyed wild boar, son lamb chops and I had pizza. Also enjoyed tiramisu and strudel. The house red is very good too. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a good pizza and fried zucchini flowers and we have found this place really amazing. The food quality was excellent but the service was quite slow (unfortunately). Nevertheless it is a place to go.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

After a hot and tiring walk headed back to our rooms we decided to stop in for lunch. Pizza was nice. Service was....em. But pizza was nice

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Our favourite restaurant was closed one night while we were staying in Assisi. So we asked a local (our B&B host) where we can get something light for dinner. He said like pizza, we said like yes. He said Il Menestrello. As we went in our first thought was maybe this is too much restaurant for what we wanted but they have a large menu that has a section for pizza. We were 4 people and ordered 4 different pizzas. Wow fantastico, these are very large pizzas, but size had nothing on how wonderfully fresh and tasty they were.
No more to say, if you are in Assisi and looking for sit down pizza, this is the place.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Pleasant enough meal, in a lovely atmosphere with nice staff. However my starter, which came with a caper sauce was so salty it was inedible, and I love salt!!! I returned it and eventually a replacement came out with the sauce in a separate bowl. I was told it was meant to be salty as it was capers. Sorry but I love capers, and they are not that salty. I literally had to put just a teeny weeny small amount on each mouthful of food, but it was still very salty. As I say, I wish they'd been honest. I didnt expect a whole batch of obviously pre-made sauce to be redone for me, but please dont tell me it was meant to be that way. Everything was fine.