“A great meal!”
Review of Il Menestrello

Il Menestrello
Reserve with
Il Menestrello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 245 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We stopped for lunch and had an amazing meal; Pasta (home-made, of course) was superb. Wild boar was one of best meals ever. Prices great. Service too. During slow season (we were there mid-March) we were surprised that they didn't serve pizza at lunch. Had to do with getting the wood-fired oven up to speed during slower time. So we ate the big wonderful meal described above at lunch but returned for great pizzas at dinner. Would absolutely return if in Assisi again. They also had a unique way to serve lemon sorbet; they cut a lemon in half, filled it with sorbet, froze it, and then served it using the lemon shell as the bowl.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We stopped in for an early dinner and we hit the jackpot. The floor has lots of glass to showcase the underlying excavations of mosaic flooring. We weren't exceptionally hungry and ordered only pizza and dessert. Both were perfectly prepared and reflected lots of attention to detail. The chefs here have true passion for authentic Umbrian cuisine. We started with fried zucchini flowers, which were pure heaven. The pizzas were perfection on a plate! I ordered a pizza with swordfish and porcini mushrooms, which seemed unusual yet enticing. It was over-the-top delicious. My only regret was being unable to dine here every night during our stay in Assisi. Our server was gracious and very patient as I struggled to communicate with my rudimentary Italian. Many of the staff do speak English. I wanted to try speaking Italian. Bless their hearts, they didn't laugh too loudly as I struggled.
I would recommend this place to anyone. The food is amazing and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

How can a supposedly good restaurant (per TripAdvisor) get Caesar salad not only wrong but bland; and pizza tasteless. I suspect the rating are because it is a lot of food for a low price (in Assisi anyway). My suggestion - try elsewhere.

1  Thank Sean D
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

This is the best place in Assisi to eat. It's beautiful, centrally located, and the food and service is excellent! Please come eat here when you visit!!

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Excellent place, very good family ambiance and the service at first was kind of slow but we went in early for dinner, then it got much better, pizza is good for youngsters but the menu is for every one, good wine selection and local wines are very good.