Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Official WebsiteUS$184
PricelineUS$171
travelup.comUS$217
1,604 results
All reviews etruscan ruins star hotel overlooking the valley old style old city perfect location surrounding countryside the air conditioning visit perugia umbria hill sauna piazza chocolate terrace eva euro
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2021

My wife and I stayed for one night.
Overall, the hotel is very nice. It sits on the edge of the bluff on which the city of Perugia is located. In front of the hotel is a small park. The vista of the valley below is beautiful. The hotel dates from 1886 and is filled with classical charm and elegance. It is well maintained.
We found the service to be variable--sometimes excellent, sometimes less than attentive.
We have two complaints. First, the air conditioning. Because we stayed in May, they had not yet turned on the air conditioning. At night, our room became very hot. We kept the window open, which cooled the room but then also brought in the noise from the main street below--which became very noisy starting at 6:00. Second, the breakfast was ok, but not up to the standards of a hotel of this caliber.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank mgiulieri
Stefano Chiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Giulieri,
let me thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Perugia.
I am sorry for what you mentioned about the air-conditiong and the buffet breakfast.
Unfortunately, last May the weather was not good at all and the temperature was not high enough to swtich heating into air-conditioning. We tried, but all guests complained and wanted to keep heating.
As regards buffet breakfast, which usually is one of our best strenght, Covid19 protocols do not allow to have a full buffet breakfast as we normally have. Anyway, honestly I think that, considering Covid19 protocols, we still have a very good buffet breakfast and whatever our guests wish to have in addition, our staff is at total disposal to serve them immediately.
I really hope to have the opportunity to welcome and serve you again in the future and, in the meantime, I remain with my personal,
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Very beautiful; nice rooms, quite good breakfast. Poor WiFi and rather small rooms though... Very friendly and efficient personal. In between good and excellent in all aspects. A pity that I didn't have the time to visit the pool with its antiquities.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Philip P
Stefano Chiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind and positive comments.
We look forward to your next visit, so you can try our pool with etruscan ruins.
Consider us at your total disposal.

Reviewed 14 September 2020

I stayed here a few years back and it is still a lovely old hotel. It was again notable for its utterly quiet room, attentive, happy staff ( the reception woman was exceptional) and the general air of comfort. It was clean, with a large comfortable bed. The room we had this time had 3 ceiling to floor windows and a sofa.....a good size. Breakfast was a little different due to the restrictions imposed by Covid 19, but the staff made sterling efforts to make it work well. The hotel is well positioned and gives easy walking access to all the lovely town has to offer.
A fine hotel, which I recommend. A little on the expensive, but worth it.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank clarksdale
Stefano Chiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2020

Dear Guest,
let me thank you very much for coming back in our hotel after some years.
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future and, in the meantime, we thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed 2 September 2020

The Hotel Brufani is located in the heart of the city of Perugia. It is at one end of the mostly pedestrian avenue that takes you from Piazza d'Italia to the duomo and the Palazzo dei Priori (the Municipal Hall). The room we took had a splendid view of the surrounding countryside (Peurugia is situated at the top of a hill, 400+ meters above sea level, thus the commanding view of the surroundings). The room was spacious and impeccably furnished. The air conditioning was very quiet and effective. We had a wonderful bottle of Sagrantino on the terrace outside the bar (a local wine, recommended by the young man who was serving us). Breakfast in the morning was served in a lovely dining room. Instead of the usual buffet, we ordered our food at a table at the bak and we saw it prepared and served to us. The staff was unfailingly helpful and friendly. I was even allowed to park my car right in front of the hotel. An altogether exceptional experience. Thank you to all of them and my warmest recommend to anyone coming to Perugia.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view!
Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank Ebolon
Stefano Chiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2020

Dear Guest,
me and my staff thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Perugia and for your kind review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and our hospitality and we really hope to welcome and serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2020

A quick overnight on my first visit to Perugia. The many 5 Star ratings are well deserved at this wonderful property. A very warm welcome, beautiful surroundings, and would highly recommend Room 333. Not sure if the amazing value was due to the downturn in tourism but truly one of my most memorable hotel stays in Italy. Having breakfast seated on the outdoor terrace overlooking the valley was incredible.
Thank you for a great stay!

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank newblueroo
Stefano Chiesa, Owner at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2020

Dear Guest,
what a pleasure reading your very kind and positive review.
Me and my staff thank you very much and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.
We really hope to welcome and serve you again in the future and we kindly ask you to consider us at your total disposal.