Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews the hotel is perfectly located ancient building excellent location corso vannucci reception staff definitely stay here again narrow streets breakfast buffet yogurt piazza car cappuccino rooftops
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2019

The hotel Fortuna is a wonderful historic hotel in the midst of the cobblestone streets of Perugia. Steps from the shops and sites, this hotel is the best location in historic Perugia. Charming rooms and WONDERFUL staff make this your best option. Thank you to the wonderful staff especially Sabina, Lisa and Daniela!! See you next year :)

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank CM E
Reviewed 14 June 2019

Hotel Fortuna provides good value, and it is located in an excellent location in the medieval district of Perugia. The rooms are adequate; the service and attention to customer needs and queries are very good, and there is a very tasty and generous choice available for breakfast with lots of fruit, cheeses, ham and bread supplemented by other typical Italian fare.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 14 April 2019

The Hotel was extremely well located. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean and large. We stayed when it was cold and damp but the room was very well heated and comfortable. Although breakfast has a variety of choices, the quality of the products could have been better -- no fresh juice, a coffee dispenser.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here with a group for one night on the first night of a tour of central and northern Italy. The hotel says the following about their hotel on their website: “In an exclusive location in the historic center of Perugia, just a few meters from Corso Vannucci and the city hall, in a building of the 14th century, Hotel is unique for the comfort and hospitality of the staff.” Most of that seems to be true, especially the hospitality of their staff. There are no doubt nice rooms with great views and extra space, but our room was below average. It was small, even by European standards and the hallway spoke clearly of several separate buildings being pieced together, with twists and turns, light switches that seemed impossible to find and with level changes and steep stairs The furniture and fixtures are from decades ago and the carpet was so dirty it made it hard to tell the actual color. The breakfast buffet was so-so and the coffee disappointing. I think the tour operator put us in this hotel for the first night so we would have low expectations and thus the remaining properties would look good by comparison, which was the case.

Room tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a decent view.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 15 October 2018

For once, I find it difficult to assess a hotel I stayed at. The hotel check in was done very pleasantly and we made our way to the third level where our executive room was located. Firstly, the room was very small and the patio proved to be reached only by leaving the room. Rather odd? My wife noticed that we had only one towel for the both of us, and we had to go look for a maid and tell her our problem. She said that whoever made up the room must have forgotten to place them in the room. Odd, but understandable, I guess. After settling I went out the patio to read and several times I was interrupted by other guests who appeared rather unhappy with my presence there. Eventually I just gave up and read in the room.

The location is.chaming, right in the center of Perugia, but off the main tourist traffic. Getting to the mini-metro is an easy ten minute walk. The morning breakfast was satisfactory and the hotel was busy, but the service was good. Still, there was a sense of disorganization and lack of grace in the place. Ultimately, if you do with the attitude than you are going to an average hotel, then it’s fine. But the hotel sells itself on its history and it’s classy ambiance so expectation is higher than the hotel deserves.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quinn888