All reviews blood orange juice negotiate stairs fresh bread and croissants each room has its own full length mirror hotel owners family run hotel quiet street centre of town good size every morning location is great no air conditioning piazza iv novembre rooms are comfortable a great place to stay continental breakfast
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I came to spend 5 days in Perugia with my family and I couldn't have asked for a more friendly and cosy place. The family that runs the hotel is very very nice and you really feel like you are visiting a family home in Perugia. There's no better place I could have been.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2016

In October 2012 I found myself in the hill city of Perugia. The circus was in town and by that I mean the trial of Amanda Knox was underway. The tourist office pointed me in the direction of Albergo Morlacchi which is in an old part of the city close to University cafes and bars. Really it is a friendly B & B. The owners, on this years visit, remembered me and I felt at home straight away. Bags stored away, for a side trip to Gubbio, was not a problem. Plenty to eat at breakfast and a quiet clean room. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2016

I'll say ditto to most of the comments to date. This was a very pleasant stay, excellent breakfast, nice interacting with family, and close to the main square in old town. On the downside, yes some of the rooms are small and there is no air conditioning but neither was an issue for us. We enjoyed our stay and would come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Great little family run bead and breakfast. Extremely friendly and helpful owners/staff. The hotel is a conversion from an original building dating back some hundreds of years, giving it a very authentic and historical feel to it. However, being such an old structure, there is no lift or air conditioning which would put off some. That said, there are only a few floors with few steps between each floor and the building is usually cool within in any case. The location is excellent, being only a few hundred metres from the city centre. Perugia is a great place to be and this hotel fits the location and culture perfectly. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016

High above the tops of olive tree groves and verdant valleys, lies the ancient city of Perugia with its twisting, narrow ways, and more views, photo ops, and chocolate shops than one could imagine. In the midst of cathedrals, universities, and museums, my travel companions and I found the Albergo Morlacchi. And what a find! Family owned and run for generations, no detail of comfort was overlooked, from room assignments to fluffy towels hung on a warming rack, marvelous croissants, blood orange juice (freshly squeezed), and arguably, the best cappuccino around.

I had a single room on the first floor that was small, but clever use of space allowed me an an suite bathroom with shower, a closet, writing desk a couple of chairs and generous shelf to store my sundries. The twin bed was very comfortable, and throwing open the shutters and windows was a pleasant start to sunny mornings. WiFi kept me in touch with the modern world. There is no lift in the hotel proper, but the staircase was comfortable to maneuver, and we never had to even think about lifting a suitcase--they were whisked away with good cheer by family members.

We arrived in Perugia on the train from Florence. The Morlacchi can be reached by Perugia's mini-metro (an adventure in itself), followed by a rigorous climb up the hillside and across open squares, or for the less adventurous, a taxi fare is quite reasonable. From the Morlacchi it is a short walk to the Appian Way and aqueduct, or an easy stroll in another direction to the Etruscan Arch (predating Roman ruins). Assisi is across the valley. A marvelous day trip.

On the morning we left for Rome, we felt as though we were leaving friends. Our taxi was arranged for us, our cappuccino was served just the way we liked it (powdered cocoa on mine), and we were waved away to our next adventure with many goodbyes and well wishes. When I return to the area, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends