Umbria Hotel
Agoda.com
US$127
US$63
US$80
Borgo Dei Conti Resort(Boschetto Vecchio)
US$310
US$281
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. The location is beautiful. If your not in shape or have walking problems this is not for you. The climb to this hotel with luggage after traveling for a long time was crazy. No elevator. But still worth the stay. Last thing I would say is my Trip Advisor ap says free breakfast. Unless there was a communication problem on my part, I paid either six or nine euro for breakfast - but worth it.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 17 August 2015

The hotel certainly fits the profile of the old city, I felt staying at my grandma's!
The room for 4 was pretty spacious with a big bathroom, clean, comfortable with cooling fan and a big window. The service was friendly, they called a taxi for us as requested and gave us all info we needed. The location was perfect for visiting the historic part of the city center and we enjoyed the steep staircases and alleys, it may not be perfect if you can't walk or if you have big luggage. The taxi picked us up from a short distance so we didn't have to roll our luggage too far. We didn't eat breakfast at this place, rather ate at a bakery near by at the Centro. It's sure a great budget hotel with a charachter in a fascinating city to remember!!

Room Tip: no lift in this old hotel and probably in the entire historic area
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank battouta6
Reviewed 11 May 2015

We were driving to Perugia from Rome and were doing a search for hotels on our smartphone. We found The Hotel Umbria. It looked good, the price was good, and had decent reviews. We booked for 2 nights. We did note that it had a cancellation "Fee".
Hotel Umbria is in the historical district, and so the drive into the city is tricky and harrowing to say the least. We tried 3 times to drive in the city and find it. Once stopping to call for more precise directions. After the 3rd time, it was getting late and my nerves were shot. So we got a hotel that was near to us, and called to cancel. The person answering was rude and wasn't sympathetic. He told us there was a cancellation fee. We contacted the site we booked it through and they tried to intercede for us, but the hotel said no. However, instead of charging a cancellation "fee", they charged my card for the full two nights that we had arranged for. I have no idea how the hotel is inside, I'm sure it's pleasant enough. But if your going, you should take a cab there or fly in by helicopter. We did eventually find the hotel sign while walking through city and looking for a public restroom at the end of an alley.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2014

One of the best hotels I stayed in in Perugia! Location is ideal. Just a five minute walk to Corso Vannucci and all the major sites. The rooms are spic and span clean! They are also spacious and the wifi connection is very fast. The mattresses are comfortable and very well furnished. Hotel reception staff is kind and helpful, meeting your requests. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 99Maria
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Umbria in Perugia in August 2014, and wouldn't recommend this hotel

GOOD:

1. Excellent location, merely a long and steep flight of steps down from the central Corso Vannucci.
2. Within 3 minutes walking distance of the Cathedral and the Palazzo dei Priori.
3. Within 5 minutes walking distance of Piazza Italia (bus stop for train station)
4. Within walking distance of many restaurants and of the University for Foreigners in Piazza Fortebraccio
5. Located on a very quiet alley

BAD:

1. Poor cost/value ratio.
2. Abysmal breakfast as at six Euros per person, it's a rip off: bargain basement biscuits and cold meats (stay away from the latter); absolutely no fruit, yogurt or cold cuts, just bread, bread and more bread products (and cheap quality as well).
3. The reception doesn't speak a word of English -- we got lost from the station and tried to call and he could not help us as he didn't speak anything but Italian
4. Noisy into the night with drunks outside the window and garbage collection with loud glass bottles dropped right up to 2 am and then again at 6 am. When you ask the management about this, they just shrug and say they can't do anything about it.
5. The rooms are roughly clean, but they don't give you proper towels and the toilet was slightly broken when we came in. The shower is also tiny in width

It is clear that the management of this property does not expect any return visits from anybody, and therefore has adopted an "I don't give a damn" attitude.

Do NOT take the breakfast here.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the front of the hotel or the back, not the side, but I don't think they would be any quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple