“Good Italian in a cozy spot in Geneva”
Review of Milan

Milan
Reserve with
Milan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,882 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We speak French, Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese "MILAN" Restaurant in Geneva is not a 3 stars Michelin. We are just an Elegant Italian "Brasserie" working with the best ingredients to elaborate great dishes. Our mission is to give the best time possible to our guests while eating at Milan Restaurant. Dress code casual but no shorts, no flip flops! No baby strollers! Milan is the oldest Restaurant in Geneva! For a century, le "Milan" delivers exquisite gourmet dishes. This is the first Italian Restaurant in Geneva opened in 1910. Our specialties, spaghetti vongole, escalope milanese (elephant ear), sea bass in zucchini crust, homemade raviolis osso buco and risottos, One of the best Entrecote & Filet Mignon in town. Our beef is from Geneva without antibiotics and no GMO's
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I struggled a bit to find restaurants in easy walking distance to my hotel. When I found this one, I came back several times. The place is small but comfortable. The staff was really friendly and accommodating as I was a solo diner. I went with pasta dishes every time and was not disappointed!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Went for dinner. Staff was exceedingly friendly, and the service was excellent. Every dish we had was delicious. Geneva is expensive, but these prices were reasonable given the quality of the food.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I liked this friendly and welcoming restaurant. The owner and his staff do a good job at making everyone feel comfortable. Generosity is also present in little touches like ample fresh bread, a big slab of good quality butter, and leaving a pot of parmesan cheese to sprinkle over my food. The vegetable risotto was nicely cooked. Recommended.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Simply exquisite and delicious!

For starters, we had an appetizer of baby octopus in the most tasty tomato sauce. It was perfectly chewy and fresh, but for me the real winner was the red sauce. Two pieces of garlic bread were dipped in the sauce, soaking up the flavor—it was the perfect sauce for bread dipping. I could eat just the sauce and be happy.

Our main courses included the sea bass with rice, seafood spaghetti, and the famous tagliatelle with morels. The fish was fresh—the real winner was its flavor and bits of zucchini sprinkled on top. The texture of the seafood pasta and the baby clams and mussels were excellent. The tagliatelle was a bit hard for my taste—but perhaps that is the style of this dish. It forces you to slow down and savor the flavor of every bite. The sauce of the tagliatelle and the morels was delicious, and our family kept wanting more of that rich flavor. (I’ve never had morels before—they are a must try if you are a mushroom lover like me!)

For dessert, the creme brûlée was the best we tasted on our trip to Europe. It wasn’t too runny or gelatinous!

As for prices, it is good for Geneva. The portions are a bit small but for Geneva, this is one of the best dining experiences you will get.

The owner of the restaurant is wonderful. Thank you Milan for a wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I understand how busy restaurants get in Geneva. But this restaurant's service is one of the worst we have experienced in Geneva. We received our bread when we were almost done with our dinner. I had the cannelloni, which was ok! My husband had the fish with rice. This was ok, but the serving was extremely small, maybe the fish cut was about 2.5x2.5 inches. Definitely, not going back to this place.