“Good and central location ”
Review of Cafe du Centre

Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I visit d the cede du centre with some friends. Is a traditional restaurant, well located in the city.
I asked as a starter a green salad, but others asked for fish soup, prawns or oysters.
As mais course I got fish stew but others had grilled fish band others meta: pork and chicken. All ok.
No dessert. Service nice. Fully packed restaurant.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I just love this place - I can see some real mixed reviews but I can honestly say this place is amazing (and really I'm referring to the food).

I would highly recommend anything they have on the menu that is slow cooked - they get it just right! I also love the goat cheese salad which is light yet filling!

If the weather is good then try and reserve a seat outside to avoid disappointment.

It's a must go to place for me when in Geneva!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I have visited Cafe du Centre about once a year for the last 10 years and I always enjoyed its Parisian brasserie style, neat white tablecloths, classical but well done food and affordable prices. It's the first time I went there in the summer, and all the service was done on the outdoor terrace, filled with tourists from around the world (I guess the indoor rooms don't have air cond). The service was quite slow. The summer menu offered mainly seafood. We took the traditional "filets de perche" and a risotto with lobster and gambas. The filets de perche were poorly done: they were dry and tasteless and the French fries and spinach were the best parts of the plate... The lobster and gambas were a bit better and properly cooked but the risotto lacked proper seasoning. And it did not help at the time of the bill that the waiter insisted on getting a tip... I guess old friends can be disappointed at times... I will go back, but I will definitely avoid summer time.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The entire meal was mediocre and in particular the cote de boeuf was tough and stringy- at CHF 130 for the beef this is unacceptable!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

A delightfully expensive treat. A wonderful meal on a summer's evening in Geneva. The food is beautifully prepared and the staff are knowledgeable and swift.