“Sublime food and service”
Review of Fiskebar

Fiskebar
Reserve with
Fiskebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,838 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$59 - US$120
Description: Overlooking the lake, the Fiskebar takes you to northern land. Fiskebar introduces a new Nordic-fusion concept, first of its kind in Geneva. The culinary experience, full of bold flavors, emphasizes on highest quality sea products, organic and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We had a romantic dinner here on a Thursday night. It was very busy, filled with very chic clientele. We shared the seafood platter, which was so fresh and delicious. Then for mains we had the pork belly and the grilled fish of the day - both outstanding dishes. The staff were so friendly and obliging. Definitely try and start your evening here with a cocktail in the cozy bar, and definitely end your meal with some aquavit and chocolates! It was a great meal in very chic surroundings.

Pierre L, Manager at Fiskebar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Lynda,

The whole team would like to thank you for taking the time to type these kind words.

It is our main focus to create memorable experience for our guests and offer mouth watering dishes.

We hope to welcome you again, and enjoy our new dishes as our menu changes according to seasons.

Best regards,

Pierre Lelievre
Fiskebar Restaurant & Bar Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Experience amazing Nordic food in a classy, but friendly atmosphere! A wonderful evening, excellent food and a trip to the Scandinavia without leaving the shores of Lake Geneva! Highly recommended!

Dear Guest,

The Fiskebar aims to create a unique expereince, by constantly being inspired by the Scandianvian cuisine and atmosphere, and it's with great pleasure that we read your comment.

We are glad to read that you had a wonderful evening.

We hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Pierre Lelievre
Fiskebar Restaurant & Bar Manager

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I walked into Fiskebar on a Thursday night with no reservation. The maître d' promptly asked my table preference and I was seated within 30 seconds of wandering in.
The ambiance is of modern/country/upscale.
The music reminds me of the lobby of the Edition Hotel in Miami Florida (which fits perfectly with the ambiance).

While waiting for my server, the maître d' ran me through the chefs recommendations and which he thought would be good with the added black truffle (available with all entrees). I ordered my choice of water and wine and dove eagerly into the menu (everything looked delicious). I decided on the raw seafood platter (heavenly) and the Arctic char (divine) and sipped on a delicious white wine from the south of France (the wine menu is extensive).

Looking around everyone was dressed either hip or elegantly. There was a wait staff delicately placing new place settings with white glove and smiling while doing so. The service during the wait for refills of my water was more than superb.

When it came time for the meal, I was blown away. The seafood was so fresh and well presented. The sides flowed elegantly with each bite. I could not wait to get the next one in my mouth.

When it came time for dessert I chose the Hibiscus infused apple served with a celery ice. It was refreshing and perfect for the complementary traditional Swedish aperitif (vodka with anise, and 4 other ingredients that I can't remember: the vodka has now kicked in). I paired it with a glass of Laurent Perrier cuvée rosé and was so satisfied I couldn't wait to get home and write those review.

This is a new restaurant on the scene in Gèneve. RUN to enjoy it.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Tried the 3 oysters as a starter followed by the trout and definitively want to come back to try other creative dishes. Friendly young service from different nationalities

Reviewed 3 November 2017

One of the new culinary discoveries in Geneva and a must to-go place for every couple, business lunch/ dinner or just for friends wanting to enjoy a great time.

I have been here several time now, trying out the business lunch with a partner, with my girlfriend for a romantic dinner and with friends (ending up in the bar after).

The interior is kept in a minimalistic nordic design, yet welcoming. The restaurant is, as it seems, divided into two parts. The more quiet and intimate part located on the left and the vibrant open kitchen with its high tables and chairs as well as small dining tables. Furthermore few steps up lead to the bar which offers fantastic cocktails creations as well. But lets stay in the restaurant for now.

When thinking of The Ritz-Carlton brand, one might link it to the famous Motto of "Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen". Besides thinking of excellence this unfortunately often comes with the small prejudice that the service is stiff and distanced. This is not the case when talking about the Fiskebar! The manager and his team manage to create and sustain the excellent service yet by staying approachable and warmly welcoming.

Every time during my visits at Fiskebar I was genuinely welcomed by the hostess. Her smile makes you feel home away from home. The Restaurant Manager also welcomed us - I suppose his name was Pierre/ Peter. After taking a seat the headwaiter immediately welcomes you and introduce themselves. I was served by three different headwaiters so far and everybody delivered perfect standards, a great service. Yet all of them maintained to be themselves showing off their great personalities. Also their colleagues, who delivered the food were always friendly and genuine.

The food menu offers a great variety of nordic inspired food with some exotic twists (one or two dishes). The beverage menu also offers a great selection of wines and not to forget the self-infused Aquavite.
The food is a one-of-a-kind thing in Geneva. All dishes are well executed, tasty and creative in plating! But one should always try for oneself - as a bite tells more than thousand word!

Price wise it depends wether you visit the restaurant during lunch or dinner hours. The lunch set menu is a great deal, but also during the evening you definitely receive quality for what you are paying. And unfortunately this is not very common in Geneva.

I would definitely recommend Fiskebar to my friends and family. Can't wait to be back and try the new dishes on menu!