Hotel Edelweiss - Manotel Geneva
US$149
US$123
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$194
US$177
US$187
  • Breakfast included
NH Geneva City(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$113
Travelocity
  • Room Service
US$165
US$124
  • Pool
All reviewsswiss chaletfonduecow bellsalpine hornknotty pinetraditional swiss foodswiss experiencetrain stationold towncute hotelsmall squarethe hotel's restaurantshort walk to the lakeloved this hotelmini barthe red light districtexpensive city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in December and very much enjoyed our stay.
Room-
Our room was spacious and cosy and we didn't find there to be any noise disturbance. I would recommend taking your own teabags/coffee if, like me, you like to drink a lot!
Location- a very short walk from the lake and well located for the old town and shopping streets. However, if you are arriving after dark I would recommend walking via the main streets. We went down some smaller streets between the station and the hotel and it was a little disconcerting! But this can be easily avoided.
Food-
We had breakfast at the hotel one day and the food was lovely. A nice mix of cooked breakfast, cheese and meat and cereals and pastries. I thought it was quite expensive before we went but the hotel breakfast is one of the cheapest you will find in the area (as it is a very expensive city).
Staff-
Were wonderful! Very friendly and welcoming, they couldn't have been any better. They all had brilliant English too!
Overall if we were to return to Geneva we would definitely stay here and think it was good value for money!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Caroline A, General Manager at Hotel Edelweiss - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear guest

Greetings from hotel Edelweiss !

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and also for taking your time to share your experience about your recent stay with us.

Giving us a perfect score in Tripadvisor is a great compliment for my entire team. We are grateful that you enjoyed your time while staying at hotel Edelweiss. Your very nice review about the hotel and the service of the staff members is our motivation to continue to strive the best service to our costumers.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The room was cosy, very well priced. Nice and clean room and facilities that were cleaned daily. Nice and helpful, friendly staff! Quiet location with a shop just outside the main entrance. Would quite happily stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out the front

Dear Jamie,

On the behalf of my team and I, we thank you for your nice comment and we will be very happy to see you again soon at hotel Edelweiss !

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

My 14-year-old daughter and I stayed at this hotel for three nights while I was in Geneva on business. What most Impressed me during our stay at the Edelweiss hotel was how clean our room was during our entire stay. The cleaning staff do an excellent job and seem to take great pride in their work to ensure that our guest room was impeccably clean. The cleanliness of the hotel was also noted in both the front lobby and reception area. I was also pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. We had booked a room with two beds. I had expected a very tiny guest room similar to what I had experienced in Paris however the size of our room was very comparable to a standard room that woman find in the US or Canada. Another aspect of this hotel that impressed me greatly was the front desk staff and their friendliness towards all guests. They were attentive to guest needs and very helpful. The location of this hotel met our needs well as it is only a short walk to the lake in the south and the tram station in the north. I had read past negative reviews regarding the location and that people loitered in the courtyard outside of the hotel. We did not encounter this at all however, we did not walk outside the hotel after dark. A final point of interest is that there are two grocery stores immediately outside of the hotel property (one directly in front to the left of the courtyard and the other a co-op across the street). Picking up things such as water, bread, cheese, and fruit, from these stores can be a good way to cut costs in this very expensive city.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Christina,

A big thanks for your comment that highlight the hard work of the housekeeping staff.

This will motivate them on their daily work and encourage them to satisfy our guet at the best !

We are looking for your next business or leisure trip in Geneva to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We spent a week over Christmas at this lovely and charming hotel. Loved the Swiss ambiance. Great location, very walkable to transportation, restaurants, lakefront. Friendly and helpful staff. The only negative was the restaurant- limited and cheese-centric menu.

Dear Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment after your stay.

I am happy to read your positive experience with us.

Regarding the restaurant, we in fact propose traditional Swiss cuisine, witch is mostly with cheese. However, for those who don’t like cheese, we also propose fresh lake fish, beef fondue, Chinese fondue etc.

I will be pleased to welcoming you again for your next trip in Geneva and to help you to choose the best dish to satisfy your test.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 December 2017

I really enjoyed my three night stay here. The rooms are small, clean and comfortable and above all silent enough to allow a restful nights sleep. The lift is small but seems to manage the 7 floors ...The only issue you should be aware of is that there is no parking other than at the sister hotel up the road....that costs between 30 CHF per day parked outside...it is a hassle but manageable. The hotel is otherwise well positioned for restaurants and access to shops and trams. Really nice and professional staff, Great breakfast and the best bread ever.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Caroline A, General Manager at Hotel Edelweiss - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear winogabon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment after your three nights stay with us.

I am very happy to read that you had a great experience with us.

Regarding the parking, our sister hotel is located at only 2 min walk from our hotel. In fact, parking are rare in the city and we charge as per the market.

We hope to see you again for your next visit in Geneva.

Best regards,