“A truly amazing restaurant”
Review of Au Jardin Bistrot

Au Jardin Bistrot
Ranked #142 of 1,757 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The "Bistrot au Jardin" perpetuates the tradition of the local bistro, welcoming and pleasant, offering a varied and seasonal gourmet cuisine. "Au Jardin", you will enjoy our two dining rooms, our two terraces, one shaded and protected, and our garden. In addition to our simple menu, at noon our chef offers daily a different "dish of the day" as well as a suggestion. We look forward to welcoming you soon. The Team Bistrot au Jardin
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Simple yet so great! Little out of the way place where the food is awesome and the chef is a professional and an artist.

A must try for simple, healthy and tasty lunch.

Superb!!!

Reviewed 28 November 2015

Went here on a solo work trip and wandered in one night on my way back to my hotel. It's a smallish place and the menu is interesting, especially since I'm a pescatarian and I wasn't sure I'd find something good here. It turns out this little place caters to vegetarians and fish eaters very well. Many dishes on the menu have vegetarian options and my fish was very good and went well with the glass of white wine. I hope to be back!

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

When I read about this restaurant I really got excited by the "hidden gem", amazing etc. kind of comments. But the reality is far far away... The place looks very basic, but that did not bother me a lot, I've been to a lot of basic places with amazing food! I was still excited. Looking at the menu, I got my first surprise. The courses sounded quite simple/basic but the prices were very high, considering the restaurant is not situated in a good neighborhood, it looks very basic and the food was simple. A starter is 15-25 EUR, main dishes 20-40EUR, deserts ~15EUR. If you order a starter+main+desert+wine+coffee it's easily 100 EUR/pers. I paid less when I ate in Michelin star restaurants. But again, I said I might get surprised by the quality of food, or the service. We ordered only mains:lamb, Scandinavian (salmon) burger and filet de perche (it's a typical dish with fish from the lake). We waited more than 90 minutes to get the food!!! (that was literarily the absolute record of waiting for food) After 1h of waiting, the waiter saw we were growing impatient so she told us the food would arrive soon. "Soon" took 30 minutes more on top of the hour. We really had a lot of time to look around while waiting for the food. Looking at the ceiling we spotted quite a large spider just above me. I am not afraid of insects...but i really appreciate a clean restaurant. The food was decent but far from being great. I tasted all the 3 mains. The lamb, slow cooked, was good (but basic, nothing exceptional), the salmon burger I would say interesting at the most, the filet de perche was the worst filet de perche I've ever had and I had quite a few as I live in Geneva. I really wanted to test some more stuff, so I asked the waiter if we could order dessert. With all that waiting time and mediocre mains, I was still curious. The waiter said she will come "soon" ...again. After 15 min she did not come back, so we decided to leave...We were there for more than 2 hours and our patience ran out. The interesting thing is the waiter (which I assume is the owner as well) did not apologize even once... Even for Geneva, this kind of service is really poor (I eat out 2-3 times/week). In conclusion, if you want to pay a considerable amount of money for mediocre food in a basic environment, this is indeed a hidden gem!

8  Thank Catalin_Vaitis
Reviewed 14 November 2015

What can we say: haute cuisine for little money (for Geneva/Swiss standards at least). Go there and enjoy the rich flavors of food that is prepared with ample creativity by one young ambitious chef and served by one charming best-age lady who owns the place! You will taste that these two make up a great team.

Insight: you may walk by the restaurant at first, because (when we were there in August) there were no signs of a restaurant and the entrance was hardly eluminated...

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

If it weren't for Trip Advisor, I would never visit this place.
A) It is far from main tourist spots, so you have to know where to go to find it
B) It doesn't look promising at all. Too colourful, too little space, no visitors
But I do not regret I ate here - fish was delicious, with a tasty side dish, and nicely served. And a lady who served the tables (looks like she is an owner, but I'm not sure) was most helpful and very pleasant. Definitely worth visiting.