Hotel Fox
US$187
US$159
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bellevue Luzern(Lucerne)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$144
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is near the train tracks (no noise at night though) and the station. It is rather small but the room size is good. The toilet however is way too close to the washing basin and the wall, which is very uncomfortable for tall people. This is not a big problem, it's just not convenient, that's all.

The reason i gave 4 stars i stead of 5 is because we got woken up in the morning by the staff. It was 8 am and she knocked around 5-10 times at the door quite loudly before we decided to open it. She then only wanted to know when we would like to check out. I replied 10am (the latest time to check out) and she said "ok that's good, that's until when you should do it"... I have NO idea what was the purpose of that visit but it was quite useless. I want to give 1 star but since the hotel was good except for this encounter, I will give 4.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Being one of the cheaper hotels in Lucerne, I certainly did not expect too much from it. It is generally good in every other aspects (staff, facilities, cleanliness etc.) but the lack of A/C during summer makes it way too warm for anyone to sleep comfortably.

My room was located at the top floor and was facing other apartments, hence the noise from the trains was not much of a problem and the 2 small fans in the room also produced quite some noise to mask the train noise. Ventilation / extraction fans in the room / toilet did not work during my stay, so the room stayed very warm throughout the night even with the balcony door held wide open. The air outside felt much cooler but there was no wind bringing the cool air into the room.

The bathroom was also poorly designed. There was no soap holder in the shower (but a cup holder was installed) but 2 soap holders were installed at the basin instead. The toilet was also poorly located, with very limited clearance from the wall at 3 sides of the toilet.

The staffs were friendly, everything was clean and looked new, so those were the only positive points for the stay. I would have given it 4 stars if there's working A/C.

Room Tip: Those facing the back / other apartments might be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

After reading all reviews we visited this place as there where less options at lucerne to stay , yes no AC in hotel but not onli in fox most of hotels dont have AC in lucerne, train sounds is audible from room but not very noisy , the rooms are very small too
apart from it the hotel staff are very helpful...

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Lucerne and Switzerland in general are very expensive. This is one of the cheaper options in town so you get what you pay for. The noise from the trains is loud like others say. Rooms are very small. The wifi would work in the morning and go in and out at night - the network probably can't handle all the guests using it at night. The staff was friendly. The shower flooded the bathroom our first night there and the front desk changed our room right away. The hotel was bearable for two nights. Any longer of a stay in town and I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My wife and I booked into the Hotel Fox on the way to Italy. We had driven from the UK in our own car and when planning the trip looked specifically for a hotel in Lucerne with a car park close to the city centre. Upon arrival I asked where the car park was and informed it was below street level. However when asked what type of car i was driving (a BMW 5 Series) I was informed I wouldnt probally get into the garage (they wasnt kidding it was hopeless and I then asked where I could park elsewhere) - the station was suggested and I duly drove the car there and parked up at a cost - 16.50 Swiss Franc for six hours then 2 francs an hour after that. So when collecting it the next day the cost was 36 francs.
The hotel its self is probally one of the worst i have ever stayed in for what I paid (£250 for two nights room only) The room was very small with a three quarter bed and a single bed - i have had more space on a cruise liner. Very little cupboard space and a tiny toilet and shower.
On top of this there was the continual noise from the railway track below the hotel.
The only good things I can say about the hotel are that it is close to the city centre and clean although there is no staff in attendnace after 9pm at night.
On the second evening I asked the hotel if there was street parking after 7pm (there were a number of parking bays in the surrounding area) and informed there was no charge between 7pm and 7am (bearing in mind this was Sat evening/Sunday morning) I also asked two policemen who seemd to humour me and also staff in a local resturant who all seemed to think it was free between these hours. Youve guessed it when I went to collect the car just before 7am Sunday morning there was a parking ticket on the windscreen with a fine of 40 francs!
All this on top of paying 40 francs for a Car Tax Pass proved to be a very expensive way of taking the car into Switzerland.

Room Tip: Try and get a room bigger than the one we had and as far away from the noise of the trains better still dont bother staying there!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple