My wife and I stayed in Lucerne for only one night for a stopover between Grindelwald and Zurich, and chose this hotel mainly due to the convenient location.
We checked into the hotel around 3pm on a Saturday, and check-in was fast and without much fuss.
For the price we paid, the room was very small in my opinion, but sufficient. Bathroom especially the shower area was exceptionally tiny even for my Asian size.
We got a room at the very end of the corridor, with a tiny window looking at the back courtyard. Depending on how you look at it, this might be good or bad. Good because we were away from the noisy main street, but bad because there is no view at all.
As with all hotel rooms in Switzerland, this hotel room is also immaculately clean.
Another thing to consider is that there is no air conditioning in the room, although they do provide an air humidifier fan. I can imagine it could get very warm and stuffy in summer.
Staff was professional and helpful, giving us many useful tips when we asked about places to eat and visit, etc.
Breakfast was adequate and serves the usual choices of foods as any other hotel.
I would say this hotel is an excellent choice for those who want convenience of being right next to the main station and within walking distance to most of the main tourist sights in Lucerne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with modern amenities and comforts is set in late-19th century Victorian in the downtown area; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Waldstatterhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Lucerne
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Hotel Lucerne