US$228
Agoda.com
US$363
US$262
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$290/night.

US$207
US$153
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$241
US$187
Priceline
All reviewsenglish pubchapel bridgethe rivergreat locationtrain stationgrab a bitelaundry roomold townhotel entrancerooms are very basicfirst flooracross the bridgethe ground floorbalcony viewsingle roomwashing machineroom key
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. We arrived early and we're able to leave our bags at the bar/checkin desk which was very convenient. We requested a top floor room, which has a smaller balcony but is farther away from the noise of the public below. The room is crisp, clean and modern and the view of the River and Chapel Bridge is spectacular. It took my breath away. Breakfast is not included in the price of the room, but there are many options nearby. We spent every morning at the riverfront Hub Bakery a short walk away. The location of the hotel is an easy, scenic walk from the train station and after a long day of traveling, this convenience is a huge plus. Standing on our balcony with a glass of wine, looking out at the sparkling river, and flower encrusted Chapel Bridge was completely delightful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xploretheplanet
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights so it was a bit pricey but most hotels in Lucerne are expensive. Pickwick is located close to the station, just walk across the bridge and you'll find it on the other side of the river. I arrived there at around 12:30pm and checked in at the bar. The reception area (at the back) isn't manned so when you checkout, just drop your key in the box on your way out. To get in and out of the hotel, you can use the back exit with your key to avoid going through the bar.

The elevator is incredibly small so dont expect to be able to fit your whole family in there. I basically just fit with my luggage when I was checking in and out.

The room was quite comfortable for a single room. I was on the 3rd floor so I couldn't hear the noise from the pub downstairs, other than the occasional shout from people outside the pub. My room overlooked the river and I had a nice view of Mt Pilatus and the wooden bridge. There's a safe in the room, a table with 2 chairs and enough space to spread out your luggage. Bed was comfortable to sleep in. Walls are a little thin as I could seem to hear the murmur of conversations from ajoining rooms at night. Had an unfortunate incident on my last night when someone managed to unlock my room door with their key. Not sure how I felt about the security of the rooms after that point so it was a good thing I was checking out the next morning.

The pub downstairs in Pickwick is pricey for its pub meals but most resturants in Lucerne price their meals 20CHF and upwards. Note that that's not including your drink. I bought packaged meals, like pasta salad and 2 minute noodles from COOP to save money for a few nights.

Breakfast is not included but they offer a 15CHF buffet breakfast at another hotel/restaurant if you show your key. Never used it though. There is free WiFi available but its not hosted by the hotel. You need to register your number on the website that appears when you detect the wifi hotspot to get the code but it wouldn't work on my UK sim so I ended up buying a 15CHF Orange SIM card for my stay in Lucerne. I managed to access the free WiFi in the hotel after that (not the SIM internet data).

Old Town is located just behind the hotel so you have access to all the shopping you will ever need. However, dont expect shops to be open after 4pm on Saturdays.. everything closes by then! Resturants are still open though. Friday is late night shopping so it's a better opportunity if you want to shop.

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up (3rd floor or higher) to avoid getting noise from the pub at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Katrina T
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Interesting hotel on top of a very popular pub. You check in at the bar which is typically very crowded. The rooms are basic, but you can sleep multi's if need be (we were in a group of 3 and just shared a room - which could have slept 4). As others have mentioned to get the free wifi you do need a phone that can get sms. We had international phones, but never got the code.

No one is around in the am so you check yourselves out. Short walk to the train station (where there is parking).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank UsePassport3xYear
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife and I stopped here on a multi stay trip through Europe. It was easily my favorite. We could open a door and step out to be right over the walk way to the river/lake. Below was a bar so if you want to do something or have a drink, all you have to do is go downstairs. If you want peace and quiet it is great for that too with multiple layers of separation and security from the bussling pub below. We came by train so it was easy to find and walk to. The people were extremely friendly. The only reason I could imagine why someone would not completely fall in love with this place is if they brought kids. But form walking around I cant say that Lucern is really a place to vacation with kids. It is also a perfect central location to get to the nearby shopping and sights. A perfect place to stay for a few days!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stay in Hotel Pickwick this past beginning of November 2012. I must admit, it was a bit confusing on how to check in as we arrived by train from Zurich. We went to the pub with our bags (back packs) and waited quite a bit til we go a hold of one of the employees. As soon as we spoke with them, the check in process went fairly quickly and smooth.

I had pre-booked a room on the top floor. The views were amazing. Although this is a Hotel and Pub, on the top floor, we barely heard any pub noise.

IF I had a complaint, the only thing I can think of is the bed situation. I asked for a double bed and when we arrived to the room, we found out that the bed was two singles pushed together, which was rather "interesting" how myself and my girlfriend managed to sleep together but nonetheless, it wasn't a big issue.

Great place to stay and is walking distance from train station and just about everything else. I would definitely stay here again upon our next visit to Lucerne.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple