Alpenblick Hotel Pub & Restaurant(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald(Grindelwald)
US$497
US$458
Priceline
Mountain Hostel Grindelwald(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$76
Hotel Caprice(Grindelwald)
Hotel Kirchbuehl(Grindelwald)
Hotels.com
All reviewslocal advicemountain bikingbreadbus stop right outside the hotelenjoyed my staymountain viewwould definitely stay here againbreakfast was deliciousperfect viewsimple hotelstayed here for nightsoutstanding hoteleasy accessvillage centrenorth facegrindelwald train stationski room
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Benny and Connie are warm and thoughtful hosts to all their guests. It is a cosy, safe and family-oriented hotel. I travelled solo all across Switzerland. And Grindelwald was easily one of my favourite places in Swiss country. It is stunning and magical. It was like living out of a storybook.

Connie and Benny are mountain sports enthusiasts. So you can ask them almost everything to do with hiking, paragliding, etc. In fact, they organize their own activities which you could participate while you stay at the hotel. I loved the quietness and serenity around this hotel. The locals living in Grindelwald are warm-hearted and friendly. I have done long walks around Grindelwald. After my long walks, I came back to my room because I enjoyed watching the nightfall from my attached balcony. I had a comfortable rocking chair. I poured myself large whiskies and enjoyed watching the breathtaking views from my balcony. So when you book, make sure you get the room with the view.

My room faced the North face of Mount Eigar and words are not enough to describe the resplendent beauty of nature. Every morning for breakfast, Connie and her friendly staff served a good spread of cheese, bread, cereals and hot beverages. Connie takes her time to stop and talk to me every morning to see how I have been keeping up. Her staff are helpful and thoughtful. They made sure all my amenities were replenished and my room was cleaned everyday. I enjoyed my breakfast every morning as the dining room overlooks the Mount Eigar. Every day, I marvelled at its beauty. I think Connie and Benny are most fortunate to be living in a beautiful countryside. Connie shared her wonderful experiences with me during my stay with them. In fact, it felt like home to me. They made me feel part of their family. As it was the Euros 2016 season, I spent a few nights watching the soccer matches with Benny at the lounge area. Being a soccer fan, I had gained more knowledge about the Swiss soccer players from Benny. Everyday I walked up and down from the hotel to the town. You can find pretty shops and restaurants. Bus services 11 and 12 shuttles between the hotel (fetches from Hotel entrance) and town. Do check with Benny about the shuttle timings.

When I was making my trip from Locarno to Grindelwald, I had lost my way as the train stopped me at Domodossola (tip of Italy) for a changeover. So I was delayed by about 5 hours to reach Grindelwald.I was exhausted, famished and had a big luggage with me. I contacted Benny through email. And he immediately fetched me from the Grindelwald train station to the hotel. Besides, I had a pair of wet boots due to my adventures in Valle Verzasca. I asked Benny for help, and he allowed me to use the dryer to sort out my wet boots. The afternoon I was checking out, Connie personally came over to bid me farewell. My heart broke a little that I had to leave such a beautiful place. But, it was extremely touching of her to see me off.

The place is completely safe. You can walk back at the middle of the night safely. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Lauberhorn in Grindelwald and will surely return to indulge in the magical experience again.

I have to convey my special thanks to both Benny and Connie for being the best hosts and ensuring I had the most comfortable and secured stay.
To all those who are considering this place, you can book this place with 100% confidence. I am giving all the assurance you need. You will enjoy this hotel and Grindelwald.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Grindelwald, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Lauberhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

hello Arunaa
wow... thank you very much for your amazing voting! it was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you again this summer!
our best regards from sunny grindelwald
the lauberhorn-team

Reviewed 12 March 2017

It is difficult to understand why this hotel was awarded only 2 stars.
However more stars could risk to destroy the unique "liftstyle-hotel" feeling.
Renovated with much taste, the staff is very friendly.
Breakfast is great and much appreciate the tea from their own garden.
If the Swiss Franc wasn't that high, one could surely consider to return (more than once a year).
The fondue venue on Saturday evening was great. Good quality cheese fondue in a cosy atmosphere. Congratulations!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Grindelwald, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Lauberhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

hi D A
wow, thanks a lot for your visit and for your very good voting.
was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you again
sunny regards from grindelwald
the hotel lauberhorn team

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We love this place, Beni and Conny are such good hosts and extremely thoughtful about their guests, taking time to stop and talk, to give some local advice and make people feel welcome. The hotel is wonderfully situated away from the masses but within easy walking distance from the centre of Grindelwald and right next to a bus stop. Another great feature is the Gletscher Talfahrtpiste which you can exit near the hotel for a last run home in the evening.

Room Tip: Phone them and ask for rates
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Grindelwald, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Lauberhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

dear Iain
wow, thanks a lot for your visit and for your good voting. was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you again!
best regards from sunny grindelwald
the lauberhorn-team

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We have been returning to the Lauberhorn nearly every year since Conny and Beni took over this hotel because it offers a unique experience.. A most stunning settting with magical views and whilst slightly away from the town (perfect for us) the very regular buses or short walk makes town/gondola access very easy. We love the quirky and thoughtful nature of the rooms and the very warm, friendly and helpful nature of all the Lauberhorn team. Fabulous breakfasts over looking the mountains. Conny and Beni are very experienced in most mountain sports from hiking to hang gliding and everything in between and are pleased to share their knowledge with you. We are very experienced travellers all around the world, but keep coming back to this special place.

Room Tip: All rooms are mountain facing (including Wetterhorn and the Eiger). The higher you go the more spectacular.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Grindelwald, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Lauberhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

dear guest, thanks a lot for your visit and for your good and very friendly voting. it was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you again
our best regards from grindelwald, the lauberhorn-team

Reviewed 17 November 2016

A well-decorated small hotel suitable for staying a few days. The demerit is the small shower room, and also the need to take a short bus ride to get to the hotel. Nice breakfast though not many choices. A small balcony for each room which allows us to refresh.

Stayed: December 2015