Hotel Continental Lausanne
Novotel Lausanne Bussigny(Bussigny-pres-Lausanne)
US$118
US$144
US$105
Hotel du Marche(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$99
ibis Lausanne Centre(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Room Service
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$127
  • Fitness centre
Chateau d'Ouchy(Lausanne)
US$247
US$240
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
ibis budget Lausanne Bussigny(Bussigny-pres-Lausanne)
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$489
US$419
  • Pool
All reviewsconvenient locationopposite the train stationle pain quotidienexcellent locationsingle roomnespresso machinepublic transportlausanne garefree accessfree travel passrooms are cleanup to datereception staffshort staybusiness tripcomfortable hotelfew steps
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Switzerland is expensive - VERY expensive - so the price we paid for two nights in the Continental was very reasonable at around £90/night.

The location is ideal - right across the road from the main train station, but we were a little surprised that the gym and Le Pain Quotidien mentioned on the hotel's website were actually separate businesses and didn't appear to have any link with the hotel at all!

Check in was slow with only one receptionist handling (admittedly courteously) a long queue of guests. We never saw more than one member of staff on duty at any time!

Our bedroom was OK, although it smelled a little of stale sweat. There were also some worrying streaks of what looked like human discharges of some kind on the walls and mirrors. Overall standards of cleaning weren't great. The bathroom was tiny - certainly not room for two people trying to get ready at once!

The Continental could be lovely but it's desperately in need of better housekeeping and a little love!

Oh, and don't have the breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien unless you plan to take out a second mortgage! £50 for two coffees, orange juice, cheese and bread is expensive even by Swiss standards!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Yannis G, Directeur général at Hotel Continental Lausanne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback in TripAdvisor, following your recent stay in our Hotel.
As you have mentioned, you could obtain a very low rate for your room during the Weekend instead of £ 200 per night! Rate, which is normal for a four stars Hotel.
Concerning the Fitness, please note that is a well-known entity in our country and free of charge for our guests who have a direct access! As for the “Pain Quotidien”, is part of the Hotel and under my responsibility!
Your remarks concerning the streaks help us and we thank you for mentioning them.
As for the rates of the brunch, please note that they are normal and depending on the quality which is important too.
Please accept my best regards
Yannis Gerassimidis - Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

A few days before my stay, the Hotel's GM dropped me an email wishing me a pleasant stay and don't hesitate to contact him if there's any feedback. "One of those" standard, auto-generated electronic direct mail was my response when I read it.

I checked in after a few days of receiving the eDM. I was unhappy and troubled with my room for certain reasons. So I dropped the GM an email on the first night.

After the second night, he moved me into another room which solved the problem. Conclusion: He meant what he promised in the eDM. He kept his organization's commitment to their customers.

Moving on, a bit about the hotel. The location is perfect in terms of transportation. You have sheltered access to Lausanne's metro and regional/inter-city train station. There's McDonald's, Subway, a supermarket and restaurants. I think it is perfect. As for the hotel staff, they are generally friendly and helpful. There's a female staff (don't know her name) that I bump into every night from 9pm to 11pm since I checked in and she has been consistently cheerful and helpful. On a cold night just arriving from Paris after a long journey, it was nice to meet a cheerful and helpful staff.

I would come again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for the time you have spent and your positive feedback in TripAdvisor.
It was nice to have the exchange of your mails during your stay in our Hotel and your suggestions!
Suggestions, which help us to improve our services.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon and in the meantime please accept my best regards

Yannis Gerassimidis – Gen. Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I stayed in Hotel Continental for more than one month. It's just opposite to Lausanne gare (rail station).Staffs were extremely helpful. I used to seek for their help whenever I receive any official letter in French; and they happily translated them in to English.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Yannis G, Directeur général at Hotel Continental Lausanne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your so positive feedback following your recent stay in our Hotel. Feed-back, which helps us to try to improve our services continuously.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon at the Continental Hotel in Lausanne or in one of our Hotels in Zürich and Basel (ST. Gotthard and Euler or City-Inn)
With my best regards
Yannis Gerassimidis – Gen. Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The location right opposite the main train and metro stations is fantastic. Reception personnel exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was rather small, but clean and functional, with little extras. Liked the soap / showergel in the big dispensers.
Little let-downs were that the room was quite hot and the wifi quite slow.
However, I felt comfortable enough and will again book in the Continental when for business in Lausanne.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We are so thankful for your very positive feedback following your stay at the Continental Hotel Lau-sanne a few days ago. Your remarks will help us to avoid such problems in the future. It will be a pleasure for me to welcome you personally back soon and show you a different type in between our 116 rooms (small, wide and or Business) corresponding to your needs and wishes.
In the meantime, please accept my best regards
Yannis Gerassimidis, Gen. Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We stayed in this hotel overnight, it is very convenient for the railway station, we didn't eat in the hotel in the evening but did have breakfast there which was very nice. The hotel was very quiet so we got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind remarks following your recent stay in our Hotel. We would be happy to welcome you back again in another occasion and have your opinion of our restaurant and fitness service which are very appreciated by the majority of our clients.
In the meanwhile, please accept our best regards.
Yannis Gerassimidis, Gen. Manager