“Perfect spot!”

Price range: US$22 - US$66
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the centre of Montreux, an ode to Italy. A cosmopolitan Trattoria Brasserie serving Italian specialties and seafood, right in the centre of Montreux overlooking the lake. Relaxed atmosphere and unique décor, with tasty traditional cuisine according to the seasons.
Reviewed 11 April 2019 via mobile

La Rouvenaz has 2 spots in this area, the proper restaurant was about 50m away from the lake and the outdoor one that they called Terrasse La Rouvenaz.
Perfect spot to enjoy beautiful view of Lake Geneva in a perfect weather..❤️

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 30 March 2019 via mobile

We haven't been in the LA ROUVENAZ for years but always kept it in good memories. The 18th March we got a guest and were looking for a restaurant which is open on Monday evenings - not an easy task in Switzerland :-) - since our initial choice was closed.

We ended up at La Rouvenaz without a reservation, but instead of sending us away or treating us denying, they welcomed us friendly and searched a table for us. We were seated in the small, fully covered wintergarden left the entry - and it was a really cuddy place - nicely warmed by multiple heat radiators.

If you would ever be searching for a romantic place to handover an engangement ring...have a look here!

The service was super friendly and accomodating without being intrusive. Just the perfect mix. The menue is not too extensive (beside plenty of pizza options), but just sized right to ensure all gets made fresh (including house made pasta) and you'll find something for everybodys flavor.

Beside international (mainly italien) wine, the wine card contains plenty of local wines from the Montreux region / La Cote, surprisingly in an above average quality but at a fair price level. We gave it a try and were highly satisfied with the recommended local white wine from Montreux.

The mixed antipasti starter was large enough to be shared by us three and the main courses (Risotto, Pasta, Pizza) were perfectly made, of great taste, size and served at the right temperature.

In a nutshell - there was nothing missing to become a great memory. Once I picked up the bill I got my last surprise. Since I already collected some experience the last 20 years I am living in Switzerland, that a nice experience can be sometimes linked with punitive charges... I was prepared to get charged accordingly for the great service, great food, nice location and being located in the city center of Montreux..... but imagine - nothing happened!

160 CHF for 3 persons, including 1 bootle of wine plus one glass extra each - once the bottle was depleted, 1l of mineral water, 1 large starter, 3 main courses and coffee to finish is fair priced for Switzerland.

I can ensure we will get back more frequent anw will do a reservation since even on a Monday te restaurant was completely full.

Hint : During the winter season there is an outside bar, offering all kind of fresh seafood like oysters, lobster etc. fresh from the French north atlantic coast. Have a look at the pictures uploaded by other guests to view the stunning seafood bar and platters.

Reviewed 18 March 2019

The service was terrible. Unwelcomed atmosphere while the service is too long.
Quality price is not worth.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 March 2019

La Rouvenaz is my favourite restaurant in Montreux - with great Italian food and fresh seafood, enough variety on the menu to suit everyone, well-lit, stylish decor, great service and a buzzy atmosphere, it's busy all day and every evening, and no wonder. On a ski-ing holiday with Montreux as our base, we ate here twice during the week, and imagine my surprise to find the waiter, Francesco, whom we had met in previous years in another great Italian restaurant in Madonna di Campiglio, working in La Rouvenaz! It was a shame that we didn't exchange email addresses, because I would follow Francesco who has a knack of selecting the best Italian restaurants to work in - La Rouvenaz is another great choice! The food is delicious, the portion sizes extremely generous and everything is reasonably priced. I had fresh tagliatelle served with a fresh tomato and basil sauce and a beautiful mixed salad on the side which would have easily been enough on its own - the dressing was divine. Fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic to dip in is served up front. My friend loved her lasagna, as did my other friend her seafood salad. As we were staying in my friend's apartment, I know that I will definitely be back! Just to warn you to book, however, as the restaurant does seem to get extremely busy, especially at the weekends.

2  Thank AnitaT947
Reviewed 10 March 2019 via mobile

A delightful place to spend some time fine dining, delightful food and surroundings not to expensive and great staff, highly recommended