2 people are viewing this hotel
US$271
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
US$232
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$176
PricelineUS$271
Hotels.comUS$232
Hotel WebsiteUS$185
1,376 results
All reviews great location train station shopping street old town central location walking distance business trip bahnhofstrasse switzerland luggage lake duvet hauptbahnhof
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2022

I have no clue how this hotel has 4 stars and 4 star rating as I had the worst hotel stay. I travel for work and for pleasure extensively (~300 days per year). The front desk was unhelpful and very slow in check in and throughout the stay. In the middle of my stay, hotel person kept knocking on my door saying that my check out is today when it is actually in 3 days. I said, no I don't check out today.

Then he knocked again saying that I should talk to the front desk. I was in the middle of something yet had to talk to the front desk to rectify the issue by showing him the evidence emails.

Above wasn't the only issue I had at this hotel. Even housekeeping was bad.

How is this a 4 star hotel? Please go stay at another hotel.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Avocado1000
Hotel Management, Geschäftsführer at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Dear Guest,
thank you for your stay in our Hotel and for your feedback! But we cannot understand the reason of a such bad comment. It would be great if you could contact us directly in order to clarify.

Reviewed 29 May 2022

We have been staying at this hotel since several years and notice that recently its service and buffet breakfast spread is of poor quality. The staff is generally not replenishing any item such as bread or fruits if they are depleted on the buffet table and have reduced the items in the buffet.

They have not kept any shampoo or conditioner in the bathrooms any more and say that it is due to Covid??? lame excuse for cost cutting.

Date of stay: April 2022
Hotel Management, Geschäftsführer at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2022

Dear Guest,
thank you for your stay in our Hotel and for your feedback! Your critic is very important for us in order to improve our quality standards. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 May 2022

It’s a one man show hotel. A small reception and a very small restaurant for breakfast, Normally with lines, cause only one person is available to do everything. Tks god most of the time this person was Zaour parakevopoulus, a man that always say it’s possible, I can help, I can do it for you. Tks Zaour!
Another point are the very small elevators. If u r in a group, as I was and everyone lives or arrive at the same time, it’s a problem.
Perfect location.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Management, Geschäftsführer at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear Guest,
thank you for your stay in our Hotel and for your positive feedback! Looking forward to welcome you again under our Guests.

Reviewed 6 May 2022

Delayed flight- arrived late at night only to find that there had been a glitch in my reservation . The night front desk manager, Ms. Rosie, was extremely helpful and made sure I was moved to a better room. Next day, I’d like to commend the day front desk manager, a friendly , polite gentleman with a Greek surname,( Which I forgot) who helped me sort out a problem I had with my railway ticket.
The rooms are fairly standard,clean and and adequate.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Tigresseontheroad
Hotel Management, Geschäftsführer at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2022

Reviewed 24 April 2022

First let me say the staff here are incredibly nice. The hotel is next to train station maybe a 5 min walk. However, you cannot control the temperature in the room so it was very hot (even in April). You can open the windows but street noice is loud and if your room is located above the outside restaurant then you hear the scrapping of tables and chairs when the restaurant is closing even with windows closed. We opened the windows to cool the room down. the hotel is outdated. The beds are hard as a brick. The room we had was a nice size (542) allowed us to move around in the room feely and not on top of each other. Had a sofa, a couple of chairs and table and a amall desk. Had a small walk in closet. No real bathroom amenities only shoes gel for all.

Date of stay: April 2022
Hotel Management, Geschäftsführer at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2022