“Great service, facilities, and location. ”
Review of Storchen Zurich

Storchen Zurich
Ranked #4 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived yesterday into Zurich after a long flight from miami with a stop in London heathrow. When arriving to Zurich my bag never arrived and to date no updates from British Airways except to say “ we are still looking for it....”.

The staff at the Storchen not only accommodated a number of requests to help me get through this but also went out of their way to ensure I was able to cope with a situation where limited clothing coupled with business meetings can make for a very chaotic situation for anyone specially as I depart to Spain and the London ti cap off the week of travels.

Xhevdet and Ishag from the hotels front desk were incredible going out of their way to help. They have made this challenging situation a lot better for me and it’s for this reason I will always recommend this great hotel to anyone visiting Zurich.

To end the location and room facilities are very good to excellent but the service is what makes this the perfect place.

Cheers to great customer service!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LJCOR
StorchenZurich, Leiter Front Office at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear LJCOR

Thank you very much for your great feedback.

We are very pleased that you could enjoy your stay in Zürich despite the trouble with your luggage. Our team is always doing their best to assist in such unfortunate situations and of course to make every guest’s stay perfect. Feedback as yours is the nicest present we can get and we shall with pleasure forward it to Ishaq, Xhevdet and the whole team.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the MUST STAY hotel in Zurich. I had never been to Switzerland and stayed here for a week and it was amazing. it is located perfectly overlooking the river, on a sweet Cobblestone street, with views of the bell towers and a 10 minute walk to the train station and bus terminal. The main shopping street is a two minute walk, you are central to everything. It is quiet and peaceful at night , with rooms that are immaculately clean and comfortable. There is an amazing breakfast buffet feast included each morning, as well as a restaurant, lounge and cigar bar located on the main level open later, which is great, because restaurants tend to close around 8:00. The staff here is beyond wonderful, so helpful, polite and courteous, I probably asked them a ton of questions of places to go, if they could hold my luggage, etc. This hotel is the perfect place to stay, for me, it's the only place I will now stay when I come back. I wish I could give it a higher rating, because that's how much I love this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Eileen W

Dear Eileen W

We would like to thank you very much for your flattering words.

It is a great pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us that much. Our location is indeed unique and the terrace presents a stunning view over the river Limmat and Zurich’s old town. Your compliments to our staff are wonderful to read as this is our most valuable asset.

We would be very happy to welcoming you again during your future stays in Zurich and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love this hotel! I have stayed many times in Zurich with my husband but my mom and sister were coming to visit and I wanted to pick a place that would show them the BEST of Zurich. This hotel does not disappoint it was my sisters birthday and the hotel put together a beautiful flower arrangement with a bottle of champagne for 60 chf. The flowers were absolutely lovely! She was so happy! We booked 2 rooms over the river and it was quiet and the view is breathtaking. You can't book a hotel with a better view. The location is great because it is walking distance from all the shopping and the best restaurants.

The staff is terrific they go above and beyond for anything you need. We ordered room service one night and I wanted a grilled cheese for my daughter and they brought me just a piece of cheese in between 2 slices of bread. When I showed the woman what the grill cheese was she immediately went back to the kitchen and brought me a new one with no charge because it was their mistake. Also plus to the hotel is there is someone at the desk at all hours so if you need something they are there for you.

The beds are extremely comfortable and you can control different heights of the bed with a remote. My whole family slept wonderfully.

My only complaint was I wish the breakfast was better. They do have eggs and bacon but it is still catered to Europeans with breads, cold meats, and cheeses. So if this is your style you will love it. I wish they have pancakes or waffles in the prepaid package. You can order these but that is my only complaint. They constantly stock the breakfast and you can ask for regular coffee. There is also fresh orange juice.

I would definitely recommend booking this hotel. My mom and sisters response was they wish they could take their room and the view and transport it back to their house. We all loved our stay and I look forward to booking this hotel again. Thank you Storchen staff for making my family stay in Zurich wonderful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sarah J

Thank you very much for your flattering words. We are very pleased to hear that you and your Family enjoyed your stay at Storchen Zürich. Every day our whole team is doing their best to make every guest’s stay perfect and feedback as yours are the nicest present we may get.

It is also great to hear that you like the style of our Contemporary Rooms which have been renovated this year in winter. Furthermore we thank you for your input regarding the breakfast buffet. The opinion of our guests is very important to us and we make every effort to interpolate your inputs into our future work.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you and your family soon again at the Storchen Zürich.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We have stayed here many, many times. This is a wonderful hotel with perfect service, rooms and food. There is just no hotel in Zurich which is better. The hotel is located right in the middle of old town Zurich, right along side the river. It is close to everything. There is simply nothing that can be said negative about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
StorchenZurich, Leiter Front Office at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alisa F

We would like to thank you very much for your very flattering words.

It is a great pleasure for us to read such positive feedback from one of our returning guests. Every day our whole team is doing their best to make every guest’s stay perfect and feedback as yours are the nicest present we can get.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to welcoming you very soon again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Spent four nights in the newly refurbished Hotel Zum Storchen and it was super. We are well seasoned guests for many years and love the new look. Everyone was extremely friendly, the food was delicious and the whole experience fantastic. Look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear didi12017

We would like to thank you very much for your nice words.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us that much and especially that you like the new feathers of the Storchen. Also the whole staff is proud to work in such a unique property and we are happy to spoil our guests surrounded by this great location.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you soon again at the Storchen Zürich.