Storchen Zurich
US$187
US$177
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Zurich City West(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$290
US$269
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$141
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewslimmat riverhotel zumold towna river view roompiano barwonderful hotelperfect locationacross the riverchurch bellsperfect stayfriendly hotelcomfortable roomsroom ratesmall hotelbreakfast was includedboutique hoteltrain station
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is the MUST STAY hotel in Zurich. I had never been to Switzerland and stayed here for a week and it was amazing. it is located perfectly overlooking the river, on a sweet Cobblestone street, with views of the bell towers and a 10 minute walk to the train station and bus terminal. The main shopping street is a two minute walk, you are central to everything. It is quiet and peaceful at night , with rooms that are immaculately clean and comfortable. There is an amazing breakfast buffet feast included each morning, as well as a restaurant, lounge and cigar bar located on the main level open later, which is great, because restaurants tend to close around 8:00. The staff here is beyond wonderful, so helpful, polite and courteous, I probably asked them a ton of questions of places to go, if they could hold my luggage, etc. This hotel is the perfect place to stay, for me, it's the only place I will now stay when I come back. I wish I could give it a higher rating, because that's how much I love this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Eileen W
StorchenZurich, Leiter Front Office at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Eileen W

We would like to thank you very much for your flattering words.

It is a great pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us that much. Our location is indeed unique and the terrace presents a stunning view over the river Limmat and Zurich’s old town. Your compliments to our staff are wonderful to read as this is our most valuable asset.

We would be very happy to welcoming you again during your future stays in Zurich and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel! I have stayed many times in Zurich with my husband but my mom and sister were coming to visit and I wanted to pick a place that would show them the BEST of Zurich. This hotel does not disappoint it was my sisters birthday and the hotel put together a beautiful flower arrangement with a bottle of champagne for 60 chf. The flowers were absolutely lovely! She was so happy! We booked 2 rooms over the river and it was quiet and the view is breathtaking. You can't book a hotel with a better view. The location is great because it is walking distance from all the shopping and the best restaurants.

The staff is terrific they go above and beyond for anything you need. We ordered room service one night and I wanted a grilled cheese for my daughter and they brought me just a piece of cheese in between 2 slices of bread. When I showed the woman what the grill cheese was she immediately went back to the kitchen and brought me a new one with no charge because it was their mistake. Also plus to the hotel is there is someone at the desk at all hours so if you need something they are there for you.

The beds are extremely comfortable and you can control different heights of the bed with a remote. My whole family slept wonderfully.

My only complaint was I wish the breakfast was better. They do have eggs and bacon but it is still catered to Europeans with breads, cold meats, and cheeses. So if this is your style you will love it. I wish they have pancakes or waffles in the prepaid package. You can order these but that is my only complaint. They constantly stock the breakfast and you can ask for regular coffee. There is also fresh orange juice.

I would definitely recommend booking this hotel. My mom and sisters response was they wish they could take their room and the view and transport it back to their house. We all loved our stay and I look forward to booking this hotel again. Thank you Storchen staff for making my family stay in Zurich wonderful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
StorchenZurich, Leiter Front Office at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Sarah J

Thank you very much for your flattering words. We are very pleased to hear that you and your Family enjoyed your stay at Storchen Zürich. Every day our whole team is doing their best to make every guest’s stay perfect and feedback as yours are the nicest present we may get.

It is also great to hear that you like the style of our Contemporary Rooms which have been renovated this year in winter. Furthermore we thank you for your input regarding the breakfast buffet. The opinion of our guests is very important to us and we make every effort to interpolate your inputs into our future work.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you and your family soon again at the Storchen Zürich.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We have stayed here many, many times. This is a wonderful hotel with perfect service, rooms and food. There is just no hotel in Zurich which is better. The hotel is located right in the middle of old town Zurich, right along side the river. It is close to everything. There is simply nothing that can be said negative about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
StorchenZurich, Leiter Front Office at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Alisa F

We would like to thank you very much for your very flattering words.

It is a great pleasure for us to read such positive feedback from one of our returning guests. Every day our whole team is doing their best to make every guest’s stay perfect and feedback as yours are the nicest present we can get.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to welcoming you very soon again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Spent four nights in the newly refurbished Hotel Zum Storchen and it was super. We are well seasoned guests for many years and love the new look. Everyone was extremely friendly, the food was delicious and the whole experience fantastic. Look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear didi12017

We would like to thank you very much for your nice words.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us that much and especially that you like the new feathers of the Storchen. Also the whole staff is proud to work in such a unique property and we are happy to spoil our guests surrounded by this great location.

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you soon again at the Storchen Zürich.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Most certainly a 5-star hotel, from the location, staff, food, and services, all were OUTSTANDING. We had room 319, which had a beautiful view of the river, and old town. The room had been updated, which was great, was very quiet, and had "blackout shades" that allowed you to easily fall asleep. . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear DHEDH

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It is a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us that much and we would be very happy to welcoming you soon again.

All the best and kind regards