3 people are viewing this hotel
US$162
Hotels.comUS$162
TravelocityUS$162
Orbitz.comUS$162
All reviews old town great location train station pedestrian only street air conditioning across the river walking distance rooms are small bars and restaurants breakfast was included central location free wifi nice breakfast zurich hb limmat river nice room reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2022 via mobile

Great hotel in the heart of Old Town Zurich. Located right on a pedestrian cobblestone street filled with restaurants, cafes and little stores. It’s approximately a 10 minute walk to the train station. Super clean room with all amenities. Good buffet breakfast. Friendly staff. Air conditioning works well. Wifi is free but it can be spotty at times. Highly recommend this cute hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Felix Helbling, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

Dear guest

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Zurich. This feedback motivates the whole team. We would be pleased to welcome you again soon at the *** Hotel Alexander.

Gian & the team Alexander

Reviewed 7 August 2022

We only stayed in Zurich for one night. This hotel is in a convenient location, close to major sites, restaurants and the airport. We have free minibar, which is a good surprise. Breakfast is good. I asked for a room facing the courtyard and it was quite, which is a requirement for me as I am a light sleeper. There is free parking but you need to reserve ahead of time as the parking space is limited.

Date of stay: August 2022
Felix Helbling, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Dear alberthU4848GL,

Thank you for taking the time to share a positive feedback about your stay at our Hotel Alexander.

As hosts with heart, we have the three most important values written on the flags: Cordiality, quality and well-being. Praise for the quiet room, the location and the delicious breakfast does us good, but such great praise for the staff is the nicest recognition of all and motivates us to consistently continue on this path.

It is true that we offer a limited number of parking spaces for our guests. However, future guests should note that these are NOT free of charge, but cost CF 30.-/night. Check-in and check-out times for the parking spaces are the same as for the rooms. Check-in from 2pm and check-out by 11am. Most likely your parking was only free because you have VIP status on Hotels.com or on Expedia, but as said, normally our parking is paid and on availability only.

We hope that Zurich will remain a positive memory for you and look forward to welcoming you as our guest again.
Many greetings from the beautiful Zurich Niederdorf from Laura & the entire ***Hotel Alexander team

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

Good located, near old town. Near everything - shops, restaurants, Zürich lake.
Easy come to hotel from airport by tram.
Very clean hotel and very good noice isolating.
Receptionists and all staff very friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Felix Helbling, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

Thank you for your absolutely affirmative comment on the location of our hotel. Time and again people tell us that they're appreciating the short transfer time thanks to the hotel’s central location. We would like to welcome you soon again in our ***Hotel Alexander.

Best regards
Gian & the Team Alexander

Reviewed 5 August 2022

As others have said, the location in Old Town can't be beat. Also, close to Zurich H.B. for arriving and departing by rail. I've stayed in Zurich before, the first time at a different hotel, and no one spoke English. Here, at Alexander, everyone spoke very good conversational English (not that I expect people to know my language in their country, but it's very helpful, especially if you have issues). Having stayed in Zurich before, I know about the small hotel rooms. In fact, the one I had at Alexander was larger than the one from last trip.

One negative: My God, those 4th floor rooms, LOL!! They have arches that, unless you're under 4' tall, you going to concuss yourself on. I almost never ask for a room change, especially if it's just an overnight stay, but I was genuinely concerned I'd suffer a traumatic brain injury if I remained. In their defense, I was an early check in and it was the only room available. The staff was very friendly and changed my room to the 1st floor.

I really appreciate staff not only changing my room, but printing my baggage tag for the next day. I swear, they must have had it up to my room 2 minutes after I emailed it to them.

One management suggestion: Do not put people paying full price in those 4th floor rooms, they are truly ridiculous. If someone wants to pay half price and walk around hunched over, then have at it. I imagine this is a common complaint.

I'd definitely return, I'd just know to say in advance, no way you're putting me on the 4th floor! :-)

Dear Mr. Scott

We thank you for your mainly positive feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay except for your room. Fortunately, we have found a good solution for that as well. We will gladly take note of your suggestion.

best regards from zurich and until next time

Gian and the team Alexander

Reviewed 2 August 2022

Spent the last two days of a two week trip to the Swiss Alps in Zurich. Hotel Alexander was exactly as advertised. Charming streets and shops were literally blocks away, the restaurants in the area where fantastic. Bahnstrasse was across the river it is a 10 minute walk. The hotel was clean the continental breakfast worked great and the staff was most helpful.

Date of stay: July 2022
Felix Helbling, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear travelinggorilla,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Hotel Alexander! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location to be convenient and charming. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service and we're thrilled that you were happy with your experience. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Warmest regards,