All reviewslake viewlakeside locationcar dealershipopera houseold townsmall balconyjunior suiteliving arearoom servicereception staffnice hotelexcellent locationspacious roomcity centretrain stationaudimaserati
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Lovely hotel in beautiful location.
Large rooms, very clean and very good breakfast selection. .
All of the staff were very welcoming and professional.
The hotel is about a 10-15 minute safe and lakeside walk from the main centre.city centre

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Hospitality
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel is well located, all staff very young but well trained, room with beautiful views on the lake. The rooms could do with some minor embellishments and freshening up (such as sofas and curtains) because it looks a bit old and tired. Otherwise all good apart from the dinner (read my review). We skipped breakfast because price is an insult to poverty!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2018

This hotel has a great location and very kind staff , but the ventilation
makes the stay unpleasant because you are not able to rest and with the noise from the street impossible to have the windows open , it is a very old building and it needs to be updated together with the prices that they ask for, the breakfast is a sad story and needs to be updated as well

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018

At the end of a fine 11 day Southern Europe vacation with excellent accommadations and service up to the last 3 days in Zurich upon checking into 4 star "SteigenBerger Hotel".
Now to be objective and give credit where due before proceding to the upsetting ending. Julian was great at his polite helpfulness of where to go in Zurich, Phillip at the bar and restaurant was excellent, Teadora at the front desk should be promoted she did so well. Pedro with luggage was attentive. Eric at the front desk was accomadating in his late attempt at hospitality service. And Guntram was aoplogetic after the fact on the poor room given us. Now for the critcal,
WHICH SHOULD WEIGH IN ON YOUR DECISION AS TO STAY AT THIS LOCATION.

We were placed in a second floor room with no ventilation which forced us to maintain an constant open window and a requested oscillating fan running nonstop. However, just outside our window was full on construction of a 5 story building with jackhammers, debris being drop from multiple floors and constant men yelling from 6:30 am to 6pm. I called down to the front desk expressing my concern about the excessive noise and was told there was nothing that could be done. I asked about airconditioning and was told there was NONE. A four star hotel with no HVAC system?
That night after retirng from dinner and a wine tasting in Zurich we spent our night listening to trespassers or vandals break into the construction site and break glass and other unknown parts of the builidng across from us. My wife this time called down to voice her concern and was informed the police had been contacted after others in the hotel had called down. Next morning back to the nonstop sound of construction. on forcing us to leave our room early. we met with friends who were staying on upper floors away from the noise. We had them come down to our room and they were appaleed at the noise and the difference on our room to theirs in size even thugh we paid the same price. On our way out for a shopping tour I spoke directly with SOFIA at the front desk and asked how we were placed into this room. SHe said that was all that was available, I asked for another room and was told she could not give me one. SHe made no attempt to look onto the computer for any possible cancellations or late check out, SOFIA did not get the Manager to find a workable solution, etc. SOFIA's only response to me was, she could do nothing about it "thats the way it is"... I said, can I see the Manager? SOFIA stated "He is not here". I said "your sure"? SOFIA then said "what do you want me to do about it"? I said to her apprently nothing since you have made no effort. My wife and I concluded our shopping tour. That night the vandals were back and breaking into the construction site across the strett again and then standing in the street drinking and screaming which could be heard clearly from our second floor room. On day three upon checking out I asked for the Manager again. I then met Erich Ullrich and voiced our complaint about sub par 3 day stay at this hotel. He apologized and I quipped, yes and my wife and I paid for that apology.

In closing, all the other employees trying their best can be dashed by that one named SOFIA, for which she does not try her best to find a workable win solution for a concerned customer. Isnt that what the hospitality buisiness is? USing SOFIA's words. THATS THE WAY IT IS...

Room Tip: ask for a upper room or away from the construction since they will not do it on their own
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dirtchurner
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This hotel is in a good part of Zurich, so handy for all parts of the city. Main areas of the hotel are smart and we had a junior suite which was OK but let down by small points, For example, is there any point in offering a turn-down service if it arrives at 6:30? Who wants the curtains shut then ! Breakfast was average for this type of hotel - we felt dinner was overpriced so didn't take it in the hotel. very helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple