Hotel Basilea
US$238
US$191
US$295
  • Restaurant
Novotel Zurich City West(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$166
US$161
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfloor coveringold citycentral stationbreakfast was includedlocation is greatsmall bathroomhotel is perfectfew minutes walknight staystayed here for one nightbusiness tripreceptionisthauptbahnhofrailluggageproximity
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is good for the price but rude staff and a bit dirty on the floor in the room and toilet. At night I think they rent per hour or something like that. Lots of pubs and discos nearby that’s why. But a budget motel not for family. Only 3 persons working ont he hotel. Hehe.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Michael W, Manager at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Hebergement F
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hotel Basilea. Our hotel is located only five minutes walking distance from Zurich`s main Station. At Hotel Basilea we offer different sized rooms, from small budget rooms up to large family rooms. Rooms can only be rented per day, not per hour. We would be happy to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Living in Greece I have to notice that in my coyntry hotels in the same category are much better in all services than the Hotel Basilea ,therefore we found the basic services enouph good except the breakfast and the very big mistake that there is not any place to stay in hotel for drink ( coffee,e.t.c.) during the day except the morning hours of the breakfast between 7 to 10 oclock a.m. ( just !!! ) .
Thanks at all

Stayed: January 2018
Michael W, Manager at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Guest
We value your feedback as it helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.
We are acutually planning for a bigger and more inviting lobby, for the year 2019.
We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Good location but nothing else. The room I stayed in was dirty, worn out and had strong smell of cigarette. Stayed here for two nights but realized on the second day that my room is not a non smoking room. Asked if it was possible to get another room - but got an answer it was not possible. While checking in no one asked if I would like to have a room from the smoking side of the hotel. An expensive but rude experience. Not recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank j0rse2017
Michael W, Manager at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear j0rse2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is important to us. Hotel Basilea is located only five minutes walking distance from Zurich`s main station. I am sorry to hear that you had to stay in a smoking room as a non- smoker. We would like to apologise for that. We hope to see you again in the future and make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed 3 nights here but regretted by choice after first night. The only 2 plus points i can think of:
1. Very friendly front counter staff.
2. Good location to alot of eateries.
Note: While on google map says the hotel is 12mins away from the Main station. It is not advisable if you are carrying alot of luggage as the path of Zurich is difficult to drag your trolley / luggage.

Bad:
- The bed is quite uncomfortable.
- The pillow is very very, extremely flat, making it uncomfortable to sleep on.
- no kettle in the room.
- no air-con (but thankfully it is November and it is cold enough)
- i wasn't given any bottle of water after the room services. i got around this by refilling my water bottle during breakfast. But it is a simple gesture unless the hotel mgmt is thinking to making additional revenue by selling water.

Will i return? NO. For additional CHF 10+, i could get much better hotel around the vicinity.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Michael W, Manager at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Huilong
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hotel Basilea. Great to hear that our staff is very friendly. I am sorry that your bed was uncomfortable to you. Kettles are available at the reception. We hope to see you again in the future and make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The Hotel Basilea is a good, solid place to stay but nothing special. Which is fine - that's all I wanted. I stayed here for two nights in August so I could go out exploring the city, I didn't need anything special as I was not going to b in the room very much. As it turned out this hotel was all I needed. The staff were very nice and they quickly checked me in (even though I was 2 hours early). The room size was plenty big enough for me and my luggage, the WiFi was excellent, and the location was 6-7 minutes walk to the train station and perhaps 10 minutes from the centre of the city - perfect in both respects. The breakfast was very good too. As I said before, the hotel is perfect for someone who just wants a place to crash for a few nights whilst they do some sightseeing during the day, I'd certainly consider staying again if I visit again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Michael W, Manager at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Matt W
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is important to us. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you like our services. Hotel Basilea is located only five minutes walking distance from Zurich`s main Station. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back!