“it's just okay”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Langstrasse
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We were here in a group of 6 for a birthday surprise.
Together we had the 'Degustazione misto Salumi e Formaggi' as a starter, which was pretty good. different types of meat, topped with ruccola and cheese.
Individually everybody did choose pizza. My own pizza had no basil, eventhough it was marked on the list, obviously it went out, but the server did not mind to mention it. The pizza itself was okay, to my taste too much crust and the in the middle to soft.
Our server was doing her job, but that's about it, not really friendly and also gave unmotivated/provocating answers about missing served water.
The birthday kid got a nice dessert with a small firework candle.
I criticize the small water bottles, they should offer larger water bottles or some tap water. The restaurant was also too warm.
I would try out a different restaurant for pizza before I would go here again.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived 10min before our reservation time and were told there would be some waiting time: fair enough. We came back a little later, this time told again we would need to wait a few minutes. We had to awkwardly stand in the middle of an overly packed room where our table was obviously not reserved. Again: mistakes happen - tell me you forgot and we go. Instead we wasted 20 min with no info until we were fairly casually brought to a table in the underground room.
Would have let this slip if not for the following: we were not seated since 5 min that the same waiter came with a new group of people and forced us to split the table for 8 on which the 5 of us had been placed in 1 table for a group of 4 and packed the 5 of us on the second table for 4. I won't comment on how the process went - worthy of a fish market in style... not what I expect for such a place. The waiter even had us playing along and did not bother resetting the table properly, left it up to us to take our glasses and cutlery.
Should I then bother mentioning that our food was of course delayed? We ordered 5 pizza which should not be out of the ordinary. The table that arrived after us was served first and we had to wait again for ages.
Here is my suggestion to the owner of this place: check your staff and recruit professionals... the food is ok, but not worth being treated like the last pigeon with half a smile on the face of the waiter.

2  Thank erikageo17
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Try costellini with rozmarin and vegetable , potatoes and beaf meat with vegetable . The chef are a litlle bit strange with the children. Bruscheta is Also very good

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This small but fully booked restaurant makes you feel like you are in the kitchen of your best Sicilian friend or with his family! Very efficient service, fantastic pizzas, very affordable despite being in Zurich, and special attentions from the team in the kitchen for the kids (pizza in the form of fishes) or for girls (heart pizzas!!! :-). Nice beers and wine, and the Grand Ducatti pizza with truffles is amazing! Strongly recommended, we LOVE.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

It was quite dark and hot, very busy. The food was terrible, we were 4 and any of the dishes were worth it from italian people. The pizzas were quite big, but unfortunately not tasteful. A no go!