“Great authentic Dutch Apple Pie at De Grie Graefjes - American Bakery in Amsterdam”

De Drie Graefjes - American Bakery
Ranked #54 of 111 Dessert in Amsterdam
Price range: US$2 - US$39
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 29 June 2018

My nearby hotel recommended their authentic Dutch apple pie which was at Rokin 128 for De Grie Graefjes if you want to consume it there in the cafe but since I wanted to take it out, they sent me nextdoor to their American Bakery at Rokin 130. The apple pie is more like a huge apple cake layered with thin slices of apples and piled high on a base of thick pastry and topped with thin layers of pastry - it was "Out of this World" and priced at 4.70 euros and .50 euros extra for whipped cream. I took it back to my hotel to enjoy and I became addicted and went back the next day for more. They also had a large selection of other cakes. The staff were very friendly and I looked forward to stopping there everyday on my four day visit to Amsterdam. They also have another location in Amsterdam at Gravenstraat 13 near Dam.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The most delicious red velvet I've ever tasted... also the brunch was delicious too. A petit bakery with very kind service. Congratulations!!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Without any doubt one of the best places in the centre of Amsterdam to pick up birthday cake if you have no time or talent to do it by yourself.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My new Canadian acquaintance & I landed here for a coffee break.
It smmells ammazing in there. Loads of cupcakes and cakes; as I looked about while waiting in line I noticed the staff had a couple of photo opps with Buddy - the cake boss
There's seating inside on mmain floor as well as upstairs ( !!!watch your footing on narrow steps!!!) Our server brought our order outside for is at one of two smmall tables.
Staff camme out later to check of we were ok. Very mmuch appreciated, as the last couple of visits at two other unaffliated restaurants I was pretty mmuch ignored.
The crew on shift here were all on the younger side - they showed energy, friendliness and a genuine interest in serving their guests!
Many thanks; keep up the good work!!!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I had 1 issue with this place in the 2 times I went. The 1st time I had ZERO issues. The second we went, we ate, waited around 5minutes for someone to come, went downstairs and had to join a queue for a further 5minutes just to pay. Staff were nowhere to be seen

That aside, the food is AMAZING! I normally go for Red Velvet but decided to try a cookie and now I just HAVE to have both!

The seats are upstairs and you have to go up literally the narrowest staircase ever (this is where the toilets are also) and so if wet, this could be difficult, but you HAVE to go and try a cake and cookie!