MOXY by Marriott Amsterdam Houthavens
US$389
US$353
Travelocity
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$209
Hilton Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$422
Cancelon
  • Room Service
All reviewsnice staystayed herecentral stationcity centregymwardrobefacilitiestvfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow this hotel is something else. Its totally unique, different to anywhere iv stayed. I loved the concept, everything was totally relaxed from the second we walked through the door. Staff were very friendly and professional without being totally impersonal and stiff.
The bar area was an instagram dream, it was an area you actually wanted to spend time in unlike usual hotel bars which are stuffy and boring. The aesthetics are amazing with all the eclectic furniture. There were games to play while you enjoyed a drink which we made the most of during our stay as the bar is open 24 hours.
The rooms were very modern and stipped back with amazing views over the harbour and with a smart tv so I could connect my phone and watch Netflix while my husband slept of his one too many beers. Another amazing touch is the decent shower product, they smell delicious.
However we didn't really spend much time in the rooms because the communal areas are just too good.
Would absolitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Becky C
Bart L, General Manager at MOXY by Marriott Amsterdam Houthavens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Becky C,

We like to be different and we certainly are something else #atthemoxy . We're glad you had ablast and hope you'll come and pay us a visit soon! Those beers won't drink themselves, you know?!

A room with a view from every angle is what you get at #moxyamsterdam . Let us know when you're back, we'd love to look after you again soon!

Speak soon and take care!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had gone for a short holiday for 3 days with my best friend and chose this hotel as it looked amazing and was up our street. Overall the hotel was stylish, was a nice stay and the staff were friendly and easy to talk to. Usb plugs in the room to charge your phone which was cool and had a nice view over looking the sea.

However... Few points you should know before booking:

1. Hotel does not supply telephones in the rooms as they believed in "socialising" and prefer you to come down for a chat rather than ring from your room. This is uncomfortable for some people as you may need to ring the reception for something personal or just an easier option rather than traveling back and forth from your room.

2. BRING your own hair dryer and Iron. I have stayed in many hotels from the cheapest to the most expensive and they have always provided these utilities. For the price of €460, I would expect this provided. When asking the reception if they had a hair dryer or iron I could use, I was shocked when I got told to go buy these two items. This should be put on the website to warn people as it's a massive inconvenience.

3. No information provided in the rooms, for example; brouchers, taxi numbers, hotel information, how to control the tv or gym/spa. I had also asked one the staff members about what time breakfast was and they told me they didn't know... helpful. Such a shame as this was my first time in Amsterdam and would of liked some recommendations. (Only one staff member was able to recommend a few places, he was amazing!)

4. No wardrobe, only two coat hangers... good if your staying for a night however I did not enjoy living out my suitcase, especially when I shared a suitcase with a friend... luckily i did as there was no room for two suitcases in the room as no where to put them... again an inconvenience.

5. Be aware snack bar is very overpriced. Although cocktails were very tasty.

6. There is no safe provided in the room, had to bring passport, all my money and exspensive jellewerlly with me everyday. This would be perfect for you if you enjoyed being mugged in the street.

Helpful tip: Don't use local taxis as they over charge you! Download the uber app as they are half the price!

3  Thank Abbie M

Hey Abbie M,

Im glad you had a good stay, we would have liked to make it a great one though. I get the points you mention and, though its the core of the hotel, we understand that you have your question marks around the hotel. If you do come back to Amsterdam and the concept in the Moxy isnt quite your cup of Tea, maybe check out the Residence Inn, which is located in the same building.

Please let us know when youre coming back to Amsterdam, we would like to look after you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with friends over the weekend and we were all seriously impressed with the hotel. We were hardly in our rooms which is credit to the incredible public area and bar. Every angle you look makes for the perfect Instagram shot (#NoFilterNeeded!!)

This will certainly be my hotel of choice whenever I’m in Amsterdam. It’s unique location is so lovely by the harbour and it’s easy to get into town. We had the breakfast there too which was reasonable and kept us going well into the afternoon! The staff were super friendly and gave us some good recommendations for lunch!

2  Thank Matthew W

Hey Matthew W

We hope you're back soon, seems like you had a blast! happy to oblige! We did try to design an instagrammable sport #atthemoxy and are glad you got the chance to snap some beauties!

Please do make us your your hotel of choice, we'd love to have you back soon, bringe friends!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned home after a weekend in Amsterdam and a wonderful stay at the Moxy.
The hotel is very cool and inviting. Not like a stuffy classic hotel at all.
On arrival you immediately enter the social area which includes a bar. There is always a buzz here whatever the time of day or night and it is very welcoming to relax in with a coffee, of have a cocktail with friends.
The decoration is very cool and has a retro feel to it yet with relevant modernism’s.
The rooms are great, an excellent size and the products in the bathroom smell lovely. The smart TV is also a really good idea.

The breakfast in the morning is another excellent feature of the hotel. As is the small swimming pool and sauna.

The location for us was great. We enjoyed being slightly removed from the city centre (If you want a hotel that is right in the centre then this hotel is not for you) however, we really enjoyed the leisurely walk into Amsterdam and I also believe there is a bus too that takes a few minutes (but we didn’t use this)
The rest of the time we used Uber and we had zero issues.

The staff all seemed friendly and smiley and willing to help too.

I look forward to visiting the Moxy again once the restaurant and terrace are completely finished.

3  Thank Lauren P

Hi Lauren P,

Love that you enjoyed the Moxy vibe at #moxyamsterdam . Glad you got around town, we now have a fleet of bikes ready to get you around town even quicker and cheaper... cruise like a local through the streets of Amsterdam next time you're around..!

We hope you'll be back soon, we'd love to take care of you when you're back

Speak soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is very new with great modern decoration and food. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I was there on a Monday night so there wasn’t much happening but I would definitely go there for drinks on a Friday/Saturday night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Yoko N,

Thank you for your review of the Moxy. Im happy you had a great time, we do try. Come back soon to our buzzin bar and enjoy the cocktails!