“Not that awesome”
Review of Restaurant Toscana

Restaurant Toscana
Reserve with
Restaurant Toscana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,338 of 4,446 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Pizza and pasta have reasonable prices and the size is big enough, but dont order the filling mushrooms, because you will get four small ones for nearly 7 euros...

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as it looked busy and well frequented (a good sign) without walking the length of the street with 2 hungry children in tow. We were greeted by a friendly waitress who offered us a choice of tables. The menu was large without being overwhelming with lots of family friendly options. We didn't ask for a children's menu or smaller portions but the meals were quite generous and they could have shared a pizza. I had the Gorgonzola pasta which was delicious and we all agreed it good quality food. The ciabatta bread on the table was a nice touch.
The restaurant was very busy with reserved tables too. Most guests seemed to be locals or Dutch speaking. The food was good value with a large sized pizza for about €9.
All in all, we really enjoyed our visit. I only deducted 1 mark as the decor of the restaurant is rather bland and without personality, although clean and functional. It could do with some pictures and other decorative items. I'm glad we didn't chose purely based on the surrounding as we would have missed a great meal.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

The restaurant has a good location in between Jordaan and the West side. The atmosphere is ok and staff friendly. We had to wait a bit for our food to arrive, but that was ok.

The portion was as it should and they keep things simple. The price was really ok for a pasta, but our dishes missed some taste. Even with some extra salt and pepper, the mushroom creme sauce (with mushrooms from a can) didn't really get us wild.

It's a decent restaurant, but there are many Utalians in the neighbourhood that probably do as good as a job or better.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We had three meals here during a month long stay in Amsterdam. Fresh, deliciously prepared food. Pizza was fabulous and choices were great. Pasta with pesto was perfect. BEER was cold and served by friendly staff. Dennis was our server tw
ice. Great time talking with him. No doubt some of the best times in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Visited Toscana with a friend on my first evening in Amsterdam. Service was friendly and we were shown to a table by the front door. My friend and I shared bruschetta for starters and I had spaghetti carbonara for main, the portions were very big so unfortunately I couldn't finish it all. The restaurant was busy inside so there was a good atmosphere and our bill was only 35 euros which I thought was reasonable. We didn't have room for dessert so I can't comment on that. Overall it was nothing overly special however no complaints to make..I would return here!