US$223
US$199
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$267/night.

Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$129
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

US$98
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$131
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$228
US$180
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

US$224
US$203
US$290
US$177
Kimpton
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$118
Book now, pay at stay
US$892
US$834
Waldorf Astoria
  • Pool
1,720 results
All reviewsrembrandt squaregreat locationfront facingbit noisy at nightlight sleepertram stopcentral locationbars and restaurantsflower marketmini barlarge roomstandard roomred light districtrembrandtpleinnoisertlbrasserie
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Standard room is a bit small. RTL late night show is broadcasted live from the hotel Monday to Friday. Bar and restaurant can not be used during the TV show 9 - 11.30 unless specially booked for the show with food and drinks included.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Stig,

I am sorry for the inconvenience that our brasserie was closed due to the recordings of the RTL Late Night TV show. We inform our guests during check in but it is also shown on our website. We do provide drinks in our lobby bar when the brasserie is closed and luckily there are a lot of pubs and restaurants on a walking distance from the hotel on the square. But i could imagine that you were upset about this when you decided to have a drink of dinner in our own Brasserie Schiller.

I hope to have informed you well.

Bart van den Hauten.
Hotel director

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The price vs service/overall stay is not great

Breakfast is average
Scrambled eggs were not good at all
Bacon was too dry/crispy

Room large enough
Bed super comfortable
Carpet in the room is dated
Water, tea/coffee facilities in the room good

Price per night is almost EUR 200 which is not justifiable in my opinion

Location is central
You can walk to the train station in about 20-25 mine
Good tram connection

Overall average experience
Receptionist was very nice both at check in and check out

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in the NH Schiller.

I would like to thank you for the compliments about the location, reception staff, room size/ facilities and bed. About the breakfast, I will pick this up with my team.

Unfortunately the prices of the hotel rooms here in Amsterdam are a bit higher than the European standard, this is due the fact that the old city centre is very popular for tourists.

I really hope that you will visit Amsterdam and our hotel in the future once more!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Never again, every day the price changed,I spent 1400euro for 5 nights for normal room, means 280euro a day. The breakfast was very poor and when we asked to receptionist about the price, she told me the prices changed everyday, how strange because on website the cost was 163€ per day. For me never again!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francesco V

Dear Francesco,

First of all, thank you for you feedback regarding your stay in the NH Schiller.

About the fact; changes prices every day. You mean the difference between the room price every day? If you meant this, I would like to explain why we have some different room rates sometimes. This is because of the availability of hotel rooms in the entire city of Amsterdam.

If you meant something else, please let me know or contact us at fo.nhschiller@nh-hotels.com. Then I would like to response your question.

I hope you will consider to give us a second change in the future or one of our NH Hotels worldwide.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We really enjoyed Amsterdam and the location of this hotel was so good. The rooms were more basic than expected but good for a few days stay specially if you use the hotel as a base to see this beautiful city.
Staff at the reception are always busy and it would have been nicer to have staff with more time on their hands to help with addresses but still everything was good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in the NH Schiller.

Wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city Amsterdam.
Unfortunately to hear that you didn’t have the service from the reception what you expected. I will discuss this with my team.
I hope to welcome you as our guest in the future once more!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Let’s be honest the prices this hotel commands are not cheap, but the service we had was poor.

Reception staff were awesome, really welcoming and dealt with things, apart from that our experience wasn’t great

The room that we had been given was a twin even though we booked a double. We had to spend extra to get a room with a joined together bed.

The bar in the hotel took forever to serve us and they lost my wife’s pyjamas, presumably a mistake as housekeeping may have rolled up with the sheets, however staff never dealt with complaint and the manager in my opinion didn’t do enough, they actually offered us a discount to stay at their chain of hotels which will be the last place I’d plan to stay after this.

Probably more appropriate to just reimburse us for a pair of pyjamas instead of telling us not many people complain.

Great location though, but hot in summer as no air con, which seems odd for a hotel of this price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon H
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Gordon,

I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience.
But i would like to inform that i spoke with my assistent Miru Schuurman, she had contact with you by email.

You received the money back from the upgrade costs. You normally pay these costs because you booked a standard room but you would like to have a superior room during your stay. Then we need to charge some extra costs. But because of the inconvenience we took these costs off. Herewith, Miru offered you a discount voucher of 35% by email either.

I would like to sincerely apologize to you again, I could imagine
that you were upset about this. Although we tried our best.

I hope you consider to give us a second change in the future or one of our other NH hotels worldwide.