Great location on a canal and in a happenin' part of town, the Leidseplein. You can walk everywhere from this hotel. Staff is gracious, knowledgeable, and very helpful. Our room was a LOVELY surprise, large and spacious, clean and well appointed. This is one of the few hotels are that is equipped with an elevator, and in Amsterdam with the narrow stairways, that amenity is PRICELESS. Our only complaint would have to be the tram RIGHT outside our window. Had to sleep with earplugs. The suites on the backside of the hotel are much larger but super quiet, and of course more expensive. Couldn't beat the location and the staff. Might I also recommend the small corner Pattiserie across the street for FANTABULOUS eats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the beautiful Prinsengracht canal, you will find Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel. A historical four star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Experience a luxurious ambiance and walk to almost all famous sights. Most of the beautiful 42 hotel rooms of Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel have an amazing canal view. French cuisine is offered at Restaurant Thijs which also serves dishes with international influences and uses seasonal, fresh ingredients. A lounge and private dining room on the first floor offers scenic canal views. From Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel, you can easily walk to the main museums. Shopping streets and plenty of restaurants are nearby as well. The tram stop is right around the corner. Amsterdam City Centre is a great choice for travellers interested in food, nightlife and walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice