“Good location bad stairs”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #99 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 30 June 2006

The Hotel Nadia is in a great location, it is near to most of the touristc places. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the rate and was surprisingly good. The rooms were very small, so small that they ask you to leave some of your luggage in their storage area downstairs. My room was not very clean and the towlels were so old, faded and stained. I really wish I had my own towel with me. Elderly people and young children should not stay in this hotel because there is no elevator and the stairs are extremely dangerous, with very narrow steps, it is very scary. It only makes me wonder how many accidents has happened in those stairs.

4  Thank Limao
Write a ReviewReviews (4,085)

Reviewed 24 June 2006

I totally disagree with legalyblond901. This is by no means the worst hotel in the world. It was great! Great location and great value. We stayed here for one night on the 21st of June. It was very easy to find after we got on the right tram. After taking the train from the airport to Amsterdam Central Station, we got on tram number 17. The drivers were very friendly (all spoke English) and they let us know what stop to get off. If you do take the number 17, at your stop, you'll see signs for the Ann Frank House. Turn around, the hotel is on the opposite corner on the right-hand side of the street. It's a good hotel with a nice buffet breakfast (typical continental stuff) in the morning. You can walk to the main square in 5 minutes and see all the major sights. I highly recommend the Heineken Experience if you like beer. We would stay here again for sure.

3  Thank chickencurry007
Reviewed 22 June 2006

My 19 year old son and I stayed in a comfortable small room for three nights. I had requested a first floor (one flight above street level) and back room because of reports of the steep steps (they are steep, but they help with the bags) and street noise. We found the room quite comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and quite helpful in terms of directions and suggestions. There is a tram stop a half block away which is quite convenient in getting to and from the cental station (which is also the way back to the airport). It is centrally located. I think it is competitivelypriced with similar quality establishments in central Amsterdam. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Amsterdam. It certainly helped make our stay in Amsterdam enjoyable.

2  Thank Barry32
Reviewed 13 June 2006

I was recommended this hotel, by Cresta Holidays, as i was travelling to Amsterdam from a couple of days.

I could not believe when i saw the room i had to stay in. I cried most of the time, becuase it was absolutly terrible. It was tiny and dirty, and was just the worst looking rooms iv ever seen in my life. I will never be back in Amsterdam as i have such bad memories.

Even if i was offered money to stay at the hotel, i wouldnt go near it with a barge pole. It looked more like a dirty brothel!!!

• Stayed: October 2003
8  Thank Legalyblond901
Reviewed 4 June 2006

Unfortunately, I arrived in Amsterdam at a time when all my favourite hotels were full due to a conference. I eventually had to go to the Tourist Information to book a room. Even here, rooms were full due to a conference in town. Whilst I was there, a phone call came in from Hotel Nadia due to a cancellation. I was offered a double room for 100euro. I agreed as I needed a bed for the night.

The Hotel is situated quite centrally but in a rather grubby road. The staircase to reception needs to be seen to be believed....i have seen many steep staircases in Amsterdam but this was steeeeeeep!!!! However, an employee ( you are buzzed in from reception) came down and carried my bag upstairs. You are then greeted by reception and offered a free cold drink !

My "double " room had a double bed , space for clothing, a tv, and tiny bathroom. I was grateful to find a room due to the conference so i was happy to be there. However, for 100euro plus booking fee it was definately overpriced.

As a budget / 2 star hotel it was perfectly fine and as I normally stay in more upmarket hotels i know i need to be careful of my expectations. However, i still think 100 euro plus booking fee was overpriced for the quality of the room.

My only complaint would be that there was a lot of noise coming from the restaurant / breakfast room late at night.

Staff were very friendly , room overpriced for a 2 star budget hotel but if i had been lucky enough to get a good deal , i would not have any complaints apart from noise from through the wall.

• Stayed: May 2006