4,252 results
All reviews steep stairs breakfast room anne frank house dam square fresh flowers in the room rooms are small welcome drink your luggage church bells no elevator central location friendly hotel single room canal view yogurt excellent location mini fridge
Reviewed 24 June 2006

I totally disagree with legalyblond901. This is by no means the worst hotel in the world. It was great! Great location and great value. We stayed here for one night on the 21st of June. It was very easy to find after we got on the right tram. After taking the train from the airport to Amsterdam Central Station, we got on tram number 17. The drivers were very friendly (all spoke English) and they let us know what stop to get off. If you do take the number 17, at your stop, you'll see signs for the Ann Frank House. Turn around, the hotel is on the opposite corner on the right-hand side of the street. It's a good hotel with a nice buffet breakfast (typical continental stuff) in the morning. You can walk to the main square in 5 minutes and see all the major sights. I highly recommend the Heineken Experience if you like beer. We would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: June 2006
3  Thank chickencurry007
Reviewed 22 June 2006

My 19 year old son and I stayed in a comfortable small room for three nights. I had requested a first floor (one flight above street level) and back room because of reports of the steep steps (they are steep, but they help with the bags) and street noise. We found the room quite comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and quite helpful in terms of directions and suggestions. There is a tram stop a half block away which is quite convenient in getting to and from the cental station (which is also the way back to the airport). It is centrally located. I think it is competitivelypriced with similar quality establishments in central Amsterdam. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Amsterdam. It certainly helped make our stay in Amsterdam enjoyable.

Date of stay: June 2006
2  Thank Barry32
Reviewed 13 June 2006

I was recommended this hotel, by Cresta Holidays, as i was travelling to Amsterdam from a couple of days.

I could not believe when i saw the room i had to stay in. I cried most of the time, becuase it was absolutly terrible. It was tiny and dirty, and was just the worst looking rooms iv ever seen in my life. I will never be back in Amsterdam as i have such bad memories.

Even if i was offered money to stay at the hotel, i wouldnt go near it with a barge pole. It looked more like a dirty brothel!!!

Date of stay: October 2003
8  Thank Legalyblond901
Reviewed 4 June 2006

Unfortunately, I arrived in Amsterdam at a time when all my favourite hotels were full due to a conference. I eventually had to go to the Tourist Information to book a room. Even here, rooms were full due to a conference in town. Whilst I was there, a phone call came in from Hotel Nadia due to a cancellation. I was offered a double room for 100euro. I agreed as I needed a bed for the night.

The Hotel is situated quite centrally but in a rather grubby road. The staircase to reception needs to be seen to be believed....i have seen many steep staircases in Amsterdam but this was steeeeeeep!!!! However, an employee ( you are buzzed in from reception) came down and carried my bag upstairs. You are then greeted by reception and offered a free cold drink !

My "double " room had a double bed , space for clothing, a tv, and tiny bathroom. I was grateful to find a room due to the conference so i was happy to be there. However, for 100euro plus booking fee it was definately overpriced.

As a budget / 2 star hotel it was perfectly fine and as I normally stay in more upmarket hotels i know i need to be careful of my expectations. However, i still think 100 euro plus booking fee was overpriced for the quality of the room.

My only complaint would be that there was a lot of noise coming from the restaurant / breakfast room late at night.

Staff were very friendly , room overpriced for a 2 star budget hotel but if i had been lucky enough to get a good deal , i would not have any complaints apart from noise from through the wall.

Date of stay: May 2006
17  Thank hemikiwi
Reviewed 30 May 2006

This was one of the best parts of my trip. My husband and I took a trip to Europe during the 05/06 new year holiday period. On the way there we had pre-booked a room and I was worried because I hadn't faxed over my credit information. Well it wasn't a problem, we were greeted with warm smiles a friendly atmosphere and best of all.....good coffee. They got our room ready for us as we had some really smooth strong coffee and they even got us a few cookies to keep us from starving as they knew we hadn't eaten in hours. They truely made us feel welcome.

Yes the rooms are small in fact very small bu,t there is plenty of room to put things away and in fact most of the hotels have very tiny rooms...this is Amsterdam, a small place that needs to accomadate a lot of people. It's clean though and that means a lot to us. We actually came back to the same hotel on our way back to the states after new years.

It's very well located, we walked everywhere but if you prefer there is a tram stop right outside the hotel (1 block). Public transportation is amazing and word of advice stay away from taxis..they cost insane amounts of money. You can grab a tram outside of centaal station almost to the hotel door. Pack light and you'll do great. This is a hotel that makes you feel at home.

Date of stay: January 2006