4,252 results
All reviews steep stairs breakfast room anne frank house dam square fresh flowers in the room rooms are small welcome drink your luggage church bells no elevator central location friendly hotel single room canal view yogurt excellent location mini fridge
Reviewed 1 December 2017

The staff is excellent. It was just as explained on website. Note: The stairs are steep. They warn you. There is no elevator BUT the staff take your bags to your room. The hotel is very central to everything exciting downtown. Walking distance from many attraction and the central station. The city tram passes by

Room tip: The stairs are very steep to get to rooms. You can request a room overlooking the canal.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve just got back from staying here with my friends.
We knew it was 2* so really prepared ourselves for the worse and it wasn’t as bad we had hoped.
STAIRS! Very steep and narrow to get into the hotel. We were in room 313 and had to climb another set however not so many.
We all had twin rooms which were very small but manageable. The beds are narrow, uncomfortable and creeky.
The room has everything, fridge, kettle, tv, safe, hairdryer. The towels are very old and worn out - really need to replace.
All guests have complimentary drinks on arrival, these are only soft drinks.
Staff extremely friendly and polite, very welcoming and extremely lenient for us.
Breakfast - Consists of, different breads and rolls. Slices of cheese, fresh warm croissants and jams. The ‘cook’ toasts your toast for you in the kitchen. The breakfast room is small so you may need to share tables.
You have to hand in your key every time you leave the hotel and they give it back to you when you come back.
There is a door buzzer to let you in as the hotel leads straight onto the pavement so very busy!
Our window is over the main road so was noisy as traffic is constantly flowing.
For the price we paid it was very good value for money.
I personally wouldn’t go back but I know other people will.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I completely enjoyed my stay here having stayed here for 14 nights in Room 204 (Double Bed with Balcony). It was perfect for me and it went above and beyond what I wanted and needed it to do as a hotel for me. First and foremost, the balcony overlooking Raadhuisstraat was what really made it special and it was the main reason I chose this hotel. I loved overlooking the Keizersgracht, Westerkerk, and seeing and hearing the city life. I loved waking up to the sounds and sights and I loved going to bed to the same. I'm a sucker for a hotel with a balcony. However, if you are a light sleeper, then you might not want a room overlooking Raadhuisstraat because it may be noisy for you. I'm a heavy sleeper, so it was no issue. I loved the sights and sounds of the city though. You will also hear Westerkerk's clock tower, which I thought was amazing. The staff were all completely professional, helpful, polite, friendly, and very quick with any request. The breakfast they serve is small (breads, croissants, coffee, teas, cheese, yogurts, cakes), but it kept me well satisfied. The stairs have been mentioned in every review here, so do you really need to read about them at length one more time? The stairs were no bother to me though, none whatsoever. But, if you have mobility issues, then you will have a decision to make. The location of Nadia could not have been any better for me. For me, it was centrally located and the longest walk for me was the Museum District at about 20 minutes (though I walk fast). Everything else was under a 10 minute walk. There are several restaurants, cafes, tourist sites, a small Albert Heijn within 1 minute, and a massive Albert Heijn within 4 minutes. The tram stops were close by too. Again, location was perfect. The only thing that I can think about that I think I'd like to see them improve is the Wi-Fi speed. At times, the wi-fi speed was perfect, but other times, it was sluggish. This is not a huge issue to me whilst on vacation, but it would be nice if it was faster. The rooms are relatively small, but for me, again, it was fine. For you, I don't know. Frankly, I don't go on holiday to spend my holiday in the hotel all of the time. Last point is smoking, and this is a very commonly asked question, particularly in Amsterdam, so I think it should be covered. The hotel's smoking policy is as follows (as was stated to me by staff at check-in): Smoking anything inside is against policy. Simple. Smoking tobacco is indeed permitted on the balconies. Smoking cannabis on the balconies is against the hotel policy; however, having said this, I assure you that it is done as I smelled it many of times. One must remember that this is Amsterdam and "tolerance" is a word one should learn and practice when in this lovely city, just as the natives do. You wouldn't visit a brewery if you hated the smell of beer, would you? So, whether you smoke tobacco, cannabis, or neither...this should answer your questions relative to that issue. I don't often give perfect ratings, but this hotel, with all things considered, easily deserved this perfect rating from me. So much do I like this hotel that I am booking it again for 10 nights next spring. That, if nothing else, should testify to how high I rate this hotel. Again, as the title states, it "was everything I wanted it to be." Perfect!

1  Thank VanVlerah
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst on a mini cruise and it was a very quickly little place. Not as close to the centre as we thought which was a shame. Very steep stairs to go up to actually reach the hotel but we were met by a very friendly receptionist who gave us a drink on arrival. The room was small but had a nice balcony. It could maybe have been slightly cleaner and the towels in the bathroom were very tired looking. The breakfast was decent. It was continental and breakfast there was good coffee, lots of teas, juices, bread, cheese and spreads. It was great for what we needed but a little bit too far out of the centre.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Nadia Hotel is in a wonderful location with great restaurants and interesting sights all around. The hotel staff could not have been nicer and our room on the top floor was absolutely great. From our room we could see the nearby canal and it was very comfortable. Yes, everyone talks about the steep stairs, but when we arrived and when we checked out, our luggage was handled quickly and before we realized it. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room tip: Obviously the top floor is quieter and the corner room we had had great views. Older seniors should request the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: October 2017