Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
US$193
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

US$306
US$256
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$426/night.

US$197
US$189
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

US$275
US$187
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$115
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$154
US$144
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

US$209
US$200
Kimpton
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$112
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
US$270
US$249
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$365/night.

US$801
US$728
Waldorf Astoria
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I seen 3 different staff members, on arrival to pay and secure my room in the morning I stood there for ages waiting for the the guy to talk to me, he just kept looking up and eating his breakfast, finally coming over I was filling in the forms he was still to busy eating his breakfast to actually give a rats. 2nd guy when it came to actually checking in and getting room key was awesome and so helpful. Upon checking out the guy was rude didn't ask how my stay was it was like I was a burden to their day.. rooms aren't near reception it's a block away. Basic rooms pretty dirty and stink. Only good thing is the location. Staff suck and are useless. Stay elsewhere

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We only stayed for a few hours before we requested our money back and left the hostel. Caught other members of the room searching through our coats and suitcases, only to be told by hostel staff that this is to be expected in a hostel. I don't know how they can justify potential theft but the staff at Bob's clearly have no concern for their guests. When informed of the problem, the two at the reception said it's the risk you take and were reluctant to call their manager or give any definite answers. I don't know if this is because they were completely stoned or just rude ignorant people who shouldn't be in this sector of business.
Honestly the worst hostel I've ever experienced. The rooms aren't even in the same place as the hostel reception, and are the stairs to reach them are not ideal for luggag. The sheets were stained and the shower, shared between 14 or so, is dirty and the paint Is peeling off the wall. The lockers are incredibly small and prove very difficult to lock, but when theft is permitted in a hostel I don't suppose that this lack of security is a concern of Bob's youth hostel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie J
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 1am, it took a whole hour to check in. The group of 5 girls were not accommodated together. Pillow smells like bad body odor. Sheets not looking clean (after they advertise the cleanest sheets in Amsterdam) and the bathroom was leeking from the ceiling, room smelt like a public bathroom.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lindsay B
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We wanted to be optimistic about this hostel in the heart of Amsterdam but the Only pro to Bob's hostel is the doors cafe below our room, a completely separate business to Bobs.

Despite advertising free breakfast and a smoking room, our room was actually 2 blocks away from the reception and "smoking room" (where you could only smoke when the manager "felt like it") and breakfast was simply a choice of tea or coffee - certainly not worth the 5 minute walk from the room.
Our 4 bed private room was up an incredibly steep flight of stairs, which was difficult to climb with all our luggage.
When we got to the room, the room smelled and the bed sheets had clearly not been cleaned as there were a mixture of stains all over them - I instead used a sheet sleeping bag I had with me to sleep in for the duration of my stay.
The windows felt insecure and we felt they could have been opened easily from the outside - the windows opened out onto a small courtyard.

On the 2nd night of our stay, some other travellers burst into our room claiming it was there own. It turned out due to incompetence of the staff they had managed to double book our room, giving four other people access to our room and belongings.

Bobs hostel was the most expensive hostel we stayed in during our 3 week trip around Europe, and turned out to be one of the worst.

With this being said, the hostel did not ruin our time in Amsterdam, but I would definitely recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank rorysmith7
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the room for 14 people, it was fine. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was inside. Regular cleaning. The receptionist were friendly. About 10 minutes walk from Dam Square.
I found it a bit expensive

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo