All reviews the red light district free breakfast hot breakfast single sex bible study fridge and microwave safe place to stay bed dorm person room central station place to sleep amazing location non smoking reception desk beds were comfortable nice stay the ground floor
Reviewed 18 February 2017

We were 3 women staying here. It was a 16 bed dorm. So yes, the hostel is a good option for budget travelers. Lovely area outside where you can enjoy a sumptuous breakfast. Staff were nice and helpful. The bathrooms were outside and a bit too small. But cant complain since it was a common facility.All in all a good and safe place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Shelter City was a great surprise, very positive I think. In addition to the localization near everything that is important.
I wanna thank specifically to Gerson, the man who saves my life in the last night because of "you know what, that's Amsterdam".
All the staff were incredible, but with my reasons, I'll never forget Gerson and the Shelter City.
For sure I will recomend It!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Shelterams, Front Office Manager at Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Julio, thanks for the review. I will pass on your words to Gerson!

Many blessings!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed our time at Shelter City. The facilities are clean and well-kept, and the staff are enthusiastic and engaging. I particularly enjoyed the hot breakfast options and the inexpensive dinners available for purchase. My only recommendations are for the hostel to acquire new pillows and provide more outlets in the rooms for 16 guests. Otherwise, I'm so glad we stayed here :)

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I was afraid after reading some reviews about drugs, alcohol, etc. I am a conservative person yet, open mind to visit a city like Amsterdam. I Wanted to see the beauty of the canals, museums, train station without being offered any cake. It was Summer, sunny, warm day, so was nice to walk around the streets, see the bikes and the life in the streets.
The hostel was a safe place, close to all the attractions. Staff very helpful.
Breakfast is very simple, but ok. Rooms are large and comfortable for who doesn't mind to share.
If you want to take picture on the I am Amsterdam, better go early, or will be impossible not to spot many unknown tourists on your photo.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The location and area was great! Staff was extremely helpful and nice. Great customer service. We stayed in a four person female room, we had no issues during our stay. The rooms were cleaned every morning! The only down side is that the breakfast was a bit small and the hostel itself is not too modern. However looks aside this hostel was perfect. It is located pretty close to the red light district but there was no problems.

Date of stay: January 2017