“Terrible, if I could give 0/5 I would”
Review of Hotel Torenzicht

Hotel Torenzicht
Ranked #274 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Place is located bang in the middle of the red light district, tough to get to from station, upon arrival man (one with the long hair) at the bar was extremely rude and extremely unhelpful. Stairs are a death trap, rooms are dated and smelly, shared bathroom is terrible. Avoid this place if you want a good experience of Amsterdam.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This hotel is a very basic hotel with a shared bathroom right in the heart of the red light district. There is access to a bar downstairs and there is also an area for food. The breakfast that was included was very good indeed and we had no qualms with it. On the website it does state that there is somewhere to leave your bags if you arrive before the check in time, really this is just under a table in the bar area, which I wouldn't advise. However, for a cheap place to stay in Amsterdam this was perfect and you are right in the action which makes you experience the vibes of Amsterdam. We had no issues with noise and our room was located looking over the main street of the red light district. It is a place that takes a short while to get used to but it is actually a very safe and friendly place to stay. Although, we did find that if we were people watching out our window people looked at us as if we were prostitutes which made us laugh; but it was all part of the fun (not like that..). It is a place where you are not too far from all the main attractions. I would encourage people to stay here to experience a true representation of Amsterdam!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I went with my friend to ask if they had a free room to stay tonight since we had a problem with airbnb and the woman at the bar asked if we had reservation, which we didn't. She could just say sorry we don't have any free rooms for tonight, the hotels in the center are really busy, ANYTHING. But she replied really arrogant to us saying Good luck to find a hotel tonight without reservation. I would never recommend to go to a bar or hotel or whatever place with someone like her attending the guests. Ridiculous! Not sure what she tried to prove to herself, thanks for showing me that I should not recommend your services

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This place should be classed as a hostel it is nowhere near hotel standards.

Good points
Good location very central to dam square, central train station and the red light district. 24hr bar reasonably priced drinks. Toilet and shower facilities are modern and clean

Bad Points
Rooms are very small
Hotel needs a massive over hail
Stairs are lethal
Cleanliness of the room
Hotel manager very rude
Breakfast staff very rude
Very very noisy place.
You'd be lucky to get two hours sleep

Honest review.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I booked here staying for one night from the 23rd of July to the 24th of July 2017 with booking web-site and I had a confirmation with no need of payment, but in the last time when I was already close to Holland and to arriving in Amsterdam and in this hotel, a staff of the hotel decided to withdraw money with my credit card. There was no money, I wrote the letter to the hotel about this situation and asked for the staff's hotel waiting for my arriving. But these very bad men wrote me that they should check money of me.
My word for the hotel is nothing, in spite of in last year I had similiar situation in Paris and there the staff of a hotel went to a meeting.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo